Boulevard Chocolate Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jiggs_casey

Reaction score
Just picked one up! Thinking about stashing it to celebrate with until I get the brewery done... :)

2531-boulevards-chocolate-ale.jpg

I grabbed one yesterday, my local store sold out in just a few hours. I think I'll save it for this weekend.

oh, Jiggs Casey, according to the brewer, Pauwels, he suggests drinking this one early. You'll loose more of the chocolate flavor over time.

Looked all over mid-Missouri today to find a place that had it. I was luck enough to find it about 30 miles away on tap. I have to say that this was def. worth the drive. Its a chocolate bar in a glass. If you get your hands on this, consider yourself lucky!

It is great, milk chocolate upfront w/ a light belgian backbone then big dark chocolate aftertaste.

Yay for Boulevard distributing to sub-Chicago IL. There's about a case left at my bottle shop.

It is great, milk chocolate upfront w/ a light belgian backbone then big dark chocolate aftertaste.

Yay for Boulevard distributing to sub-Chicago IL. There's about a case left at my bottle shop.

apparently, you could make quite a profit shipping then back to their homeland...

If you are in Houston, TX... it seems Specs has these all over the f-ing place. Only craft/rare/insane beer fans seem to know about it down here... and we have the exact opposite of Missouri: supply that out strips demand.

I would spring for this faster than one of St. Arnold's fabled Divine Reserve.

Go have a field day! It's liquid gold! Just took home 3 bottles, and we are going to enjoy the **** out of them.

Uuum, what's so special about it? My local shop carries their smokestack series. Is it just really chocolaty?

Anyone else had Southern Tier's Chocolat that can offer a comparison? That's the best chocolate beer I've had so far.

Its a well balanced chocolate ale. A nice amount of bitterness from the chocolates as well as creaminess. It was a collaboration with Christopher Elbow, who is our local chocolate artisan. Really popular here in Kansas City, since both the brewery and Mr. Elbow are local. It was release the week of Valentine's day, so that also helped increased demand. I really enjoyed several bottles of it. Because of the high demand from this year, they decided to make it a regular seasonal.

Back