NHC 2010 Photos

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where is the 2011 conference going to be held?

San Diego. The theme for the DVD was "Some Like it Hoppy", with a lot of beach scenes. I can't go, probably, since my brewing budget won't allow it. It looks like a great time for beer!

I added a couple more pictures to the photobucket link.

It was a great time again this year- and I had some phenomenal beers. This year there were tons of meads and ciders, along with some perry, and some of the meads were fabulous.

Gordon Strong got the Ninkasi award (again!). Randy Mosher got the Rognition Award, presented by Ray Daniels.

All of the seminars were good, but the mead ones were very good and very well attended. Kaiser's talk (9:00 AM on Saturday, BTW!) was wonderful and very well received by all.

Sweet! I am so there. My daughter lives there and now I have great excuse to head out.

Great pics Yoop! Wish I coulda been there. Brewed 15 gallons of Wounded Knee IPA today.

I missed you, Ed! There was a great group, but I did think of you and some of the others that were with me in Cincinatti and missed you guys.

I'm glad that you brewed today- especially an IPA. So much better than those "girly" beers like kolsch. :D

I'm still smiling ;)

Yooper, Thanks for posing the pics.

Kai

Kai, it was a total blast hanging out with you. I'll never forget the "interview from an elevator". Thanks for being such a good sport. Your talk on efficiency was wonderful- I have some great things to take away from that seminar. Thanks again!

What month will next years NHC be? We make a trip out each summer to visit family in SoCal, and I would love to have it coincide in 2011 with this!

Kai, it was a total blast hanging out with you. I'll never forget the "interview from an elevator". Thanks for being such a good sport. Your talk on efficiency was wonderful- I have some great things to take away from that seminar. Thanks again!

I was a lot of fun indeed. I'll have to see if I can make next year's NHC.

Kai

Here's some more from BNA 5 and the start of NHC 2010 I have another hundred or two to weed through!
http://finalgravitypodcast.webs.com/apps/photos/

Join us Live This Sat 8pm est for our NHC recap!
Dont forget to sign up to our forums!

It was great meeting you, by the way. For those who don't "know" Brewslut, he's the kind of guy who will give you the shirt off of his back.

Thanx for sharing the pics Yoop. I keep missing the big events, but finally it looks like me and the G/F will be heading to the Friday and Saturday evening GABF this year, so I'm looking forward to meeting some HBT'ers at that event.

It was great meeting you, by the way. For those who don't "know" Brewslut, he's the kind of guy who will give you the shirt off of his back.

Likewise it was nice to finally meet you as well,I know that shirt stunk too....
Post a pic of you wearing it on the FG site

Great! I'll have to check the pics when I get home and look for myself in any of them...
Can't get to them from here at work.

I'm in a couple of brewslut's pictures apparently having a little too much fun.

Great! I'll have to check the pics when I get home and look for myself in any of them...
Can't get to them from here at work.

I'm in a couple of brewslut's pictures apparently having a little too much fun.

I didn't know you were there! You should have came up and said "Hi" to me. I would have liked that. There are a few "crowd" pictures as well as pictures of random strangers, and lots of HBT friends in the mix.

I didn't know you were there! You should have came up and said "Hi" to me. I would have liked that. There are a few "crowd" pictures as well as pictures of random strangers, and lots of HBT friends in the mix.
I didn't think about it at the time or I would have. I guess if I was spending more time here on the boards I would have realized there would be a few people from HBT at the NHC. I've just been too busy with other things lately to spend much time keeping up with the forum.

Looks like it was a great time! You are going to have to put some names to the people in the photos for me someday.

Again, I can't thank you enough for all the great stuff you brought me. Always looking for some cool things to display in the brewshop. I love the signed book...one I have been planning to buy anyway...and signed by Palmer and Zainasheff! You are awesome!

Looks like it was a great time! You are going to have to put some names to the people in the photos for me someday.

Again, I can't thank you enough for all the great stuff you brought me. Always looking for some cool things to display in the brewshop. I love the signed book...one I have been planning to buy anyway...and signed by Palmer and Zainasheff! You are awesome!

You're welcome! I promise to sit at the computer sometime and label all of the names/faces in the photos. It's so great being able to put names and faces together, especially when you "know" someone from HBt.

You would have loved the conference- you could have totally geeked out (like usual) and been among your engineering peers. You know how I talk- "That doohickey thing that bobs on the whatchamacallit"? Well, everyone else that I spoke to was way above me in technical knowledge. It was a beer geek's paradise.

thataintchicken, yooperbrew, and me waiting for the pub crawl bus
IMG_4670.JPG

me & chriswilkes33 at rock bottom.
IMG_4675.JPG

ride back from the pub crawl. recognize anyone?
IMG_4692.JPG

saccharomyces drools over some blichmann stuff
IMG_4700.JPG

chriswilkes33 & yooperbrew.
IMG_4702.JPG

rj (can't remember his hbt nick), thataintchicken, and brewslut
IMG_4704.JPG

the crowd waiting to enter pro brewers night
IMG_4706.JPG

jonathan (non-hbt friend), chriswilkes33, saccharomyces & me
IMG_4711.JPG

chriswilkes33 & his long lost uncle, steve wilkes from basic brewing
IMG_4714.JPG

olllllo, saccharomyces, jonathan, and chriswilkes33 in the hospitality suite where beer was being served during the entire conference
IMG_4716.JPG

yooperbrew & kaiser
IMG_4717.JPG

john blichmann brewed out in the parking lot of the hotel
IMG_4723.JPG

chriswilkes33 & kaiser listen to john blichmann explain his brewing process
IMG_4727.JPG

lunch at a sports bar (olllllo, mrs. olllllo, jonathan, thataintchicken, dblvsn, yooperbrew, & chriswilkes33
IMG_4730.JPG

fellow brewclub member of dblvsn & dblvsn at club night
IMG_4733.JPG

me pouring my own at the prairie homebrewclub booth on club night
IMG_4735.JPG

drunken saccharomyces crossing
IMG_4738.JPG

tap menu from one club. 2 categories: belgians & everything else
IMG_4740.JPG

mash homebrewclub booth
IMG_4743.JPG

another tap menu from club night
IMG_4744.JPG

and another tap menu from club night
IMG_4745.JPG

chriswilkes33 displays this tap menu
IMG_4749.JPG

chriswilkes33 & pepperford at club night
IMG_4756.JPG

dblvsn in background, chriswilkes33 pretends to take a leak in the award urinal tap while saccharomyces watches
IMG_4759.JPG

saccharomyces pours from the urinal tap
IMG_4760.JPG

austin zealots tap menu with chriswilkes33 downing a beer
IMG_4763.JPG

viking horn heads
IMG_4764.JPG

brewslut being a crazy ass
IMG_4768.JPG

mmmm, curry eggs
IMG_4773.JPG

strange man with keg duct taped to himself and me (must have been late)
IMG_4774.JPG

how to get beer out of a keg at 5am without a tap
IMG_4778.JPG

hangover brunch (bsquared's brother, bsquared, yooperbrew, seabee john, dblvsn, bobby_m, bobby_m's friend, ??? hiding, olllllo, mrs. olllllo, saccharomyces
IMG_4779.JPG

the austin zealots' table at the awards dinner (the zealots had one silver & one gold winner)
IMG_4782.JPG

bsquared shows off rogue tattoo at awards night
IMG_4784.JPG

thataintchicken, some dude, and ray daniels after awards
IMG_4787.JPG

draft list at stub & herbs pub
IMG_4788.JPG

Bump. No responses about the pics yet.

I'm glad someone else went to Stub & Herb. That was the only place I went (was there Friday twice actually) where I didn't see a bunch of blue bracelets. Any place with Dead Guy Whiskey on tap is okay by me. Pretty good food too although Happy Gnome had outstanding food for a beer bar.

Back