Warming bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budbo

Beer is good
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a batch that just won't carbonate very well.. been 3 weeks and it carbonated like soda... I realized the basement has been colder than normal (bout 60) would warming up the bottles get them going again or at this point do I just wait it out?

I've found that my bottles carbonate much better at 70F than the 62F degrees I have in my basement. I would definitely bring them up for a week to see if they improve.

Move them to a warmer spot. I use by bedroom closet. Someone around here has suggested before to put them next to the kitchen stove.

I just had this same thing happen with a California Common. It sat in the basement for a month at 64 degrees, and didn't carbonate at all. I moved it up to a bedroom that stays around 72, after 2 weeks, plenty of carbonation, and 1/2 inch of head on the beer.

flingdingo said:
I just had this same thing happen with a California Common. It sat in the basement for a month at 64 degrees, and didn't carbonate at all.
What place in LA has a basement? :)

Brought them upstairs, Drinking one as I type, Damn fine Pale Ale :mug: Thanks for the feedback, a week next to the computer .. warmest spot in the house since I told my wife turning the thermostat from 72 to 68 would save a ton of $$ on gas.. (Military here, Wife is used to cranking the heat and AC since Uncle Sugar(Sam) paid the bills before we bought our own house) did the trick and got them little yeasties to carbonate it nicely

That should do it. I keep mine up in the house for a week or 2 before I move them to the basement to condition once they are carbonated.

Back