Too much head?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atooraya

Reaction score
484563_874788994078_1359546381_n.jpg

I thought I poured this out perfectly, but it feels very heavy carbonated. It tastes AWESOME, just very bubbly.

Too much head? No such thing.

However, probalby a carbonation issue that requires you to wait another week followed by a couple of days chilling.

This bottle was thrown in the fridge on Saturday, and allowed to chill. It tasted great, today when I pulled it out, so I threw half the bottles in the fridge to cool because I'm having friends come over on Wednesday to try out the brew. I'm hoping that works out well!

Your beer looks fine
Just give it some time.
In the fridge
It's a beer privledge. :D
What this about to much head?
If that were a probem,
my wife would have said. :mug:

I am curently drinking a dunkel that has the same problem, my issue was uneven distribution of the priming sugar. Some bottles are under carbed and others are like the one you pictured. Some so bad you cant pour the whole bottle at once. The overcarbed bottles are the best tasting of the bunch though.

Head is created by protiens in the beer,but is sustained by carbonation. Maybe you added too much priming sugar,or at the high end for the style?

Heavy overcarbonation usually carries with it a carbonic acid bite off flavor. You may have carbed a bit too high, but as long as it tastes good, I say RDWHAHB! :mug:

That looks totally fine in my books. Nice creamy looking head and it's not big bubbles. If you don't like it the answer has already been stated. Chill them longer and check again, but to me it's fine and not too much head.

Latest posts

Back