Happy Birthday EP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Guys! :)

Hey Blighty (and Orfy and Caplan) I'm toasting Lancashire county today, my birthplace. Why don't you guys join me, and while we're at it...let's raise one to the queen...53 years, who'd of thunk it. ;)

Happy birthday! Your old avatar was funny - I miss it. What movie was that from? Been trying to think of that for weeks now.

AHU

AllHoppedUp said:
Happy birthday! Your old avatar was funny - I miss it. What movie was that from? Been trying to think of that for weeks now.

AHU
You mean Slartibartfast?
slartibartfast1.jpg

I thought he was the guy that kept popping up in some of the Monty Python episodes...but not sure anymore. :confused:

Since my name isn't on the title maybe I shouldn't write this.:mad: But today is the one year anniversery of my first homebrew I ever had. Which was mine of couse. :D

And to everyone who's birthday's are today, don't you just notice that the day's seem to be brighter after we came into the world?

sause said:
Since my name isn't on the title maybe I shouldn't write this.:mad: But today is the one year anniversery of my first homebrew I ever had. Which was mine of couse. :D

And to everyone who's birthday's are today, don't you just notice that the day's seem to be brighter after we came into the world?
You had your first homebrew on your 21st birthday? You didn't maybe sneak one a day or two early? ;) Anyway, happy birthday, whippersnapper. :D

AllHoppedUp said:
Found it...Slartibartfast from the BBC version of Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Wikipedia said:
Slartibartfast is a Magrathean, and a designer of planets. His favorite part of the job was creating coastlines. The most notable of his designs were the fjords found on the coast of Norway on planet Earth. Slartibartfast won an award for this coastal designwork. When Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect were on ancient Earth, they saw Slartibartfast's signature deep inside a glacier in ancient Norway.
When Earth Mk. II was being made, Slartibartfast was assigned to the continent of Africa. He was unhappy about this, because he wanted to make more fjords, and fjords in Africa would be hard for him to explain without natural glacial movement.
In the event, the new Earth was not required and, much to Slartibartfast's disgust, its owners suggested that he take a quick skiing holiday on his glaciers before dismantling them.
slartibartfast1.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EP! hope yours is as good as mine was!

Janx should dig that guy in the pic, then. he's a big fan of that book.

any big plans for the day?????

DeRoux's Broux said:
any big plans for the day?????
I was planning on breaking in the new keggle, but I screwed around and didn't get a starter ready in time, so I think I'm gonna just get drunk and boil some water? :D

Happy Birthday, Senor ! Hope you have many more. I like the new avatar. As I recall, that guy is a finely tuned athelete. The kind of guy who'll pull the trigger until is goes " click" if you cross him. I love that movie. Stupid as it is, it's very quotable.

Enjoy your day, man !:) :)

"That's right man. Nobody $&#*'s with the Jesus!!" Happy birthday man! I realize it's a bit late, but you know, drink anyway.

Hope you had a good one El P!
El Pistolero said:
I'm toasting Lancashire county today, my birthplace
Really? Whereabouts in Lancs were you born?

Back