Stranded 10awg THHN wire

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikrocks

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good source for it? All I can find is 500' rolls of it, whereas I only need a few feet to wire the inside of my control box. Any help would be great.

Of course, if you have some laying around that you could spare, I'd gladly buy it off you. Thanks brewing bros and sises!

The hardware stores should sell it by the foot.

I know around here both lowes and home depot do. Esp if you're not picky on color

Really? My HD & Lowes don't sell it. I'll go back and ask if I can special order some, though.

As far as true hardware stores go, the depot and lowes chased them all out years ago.

Anyone know the HD price for 10awg Stranded THHN? Ive been doing some shopping and am trying to decide if its worth it to by rolls

Really? My HD & Lowes don't sell it. I'll go back and ask if I can special order some, though.

As far as true hardware stores go, the depot and lowes chased them all out years ago.

Seriously? Every HD/Lowes I've ever been in have a wire station where you can buy anything from bell wire to 6-3. I have some 10g that you can have but I think it would cost more to ship than to buy it local.

erikrocks said:

Dammed hardware Walmarts!

Here's my local store. I swear you could almost build a brewery one stop here.
Roadtrip?

http://www.bigariace.com/about.htm

Does anyone have a good source for it? All I can find is 500' rolls of it, whereas I only need a few feet to wire the inside of my control box. Any help would be great.

Of course, if you have some laying around that you could spare, I'd gladly buy it off you. Thanks brewing bros and sises!

I've got a couple partial rolls in my shop, black and I think some green. If you can't locate any let me know I can mail you some for what it cost me per foot.(I'll have to look up my cost)

Have you checked with your local electric supply shop? Does it have to be 10awg? I paid $0.60 a foot for 6awg THHN at my nearest shop, half what Lowe's wanted.

You are better off buying 10g cord from Lowes. Then you would have either 3 or 4 wires. I just bought 10' of 4 wire 10g cord and it was about $30. That wired my entire panel. Of course you have to strip off the outer sheath and separate the wires, but its worth it.

mabrungard said:
You are better off buying 10g cord from Lowes. Then you would have either 3 or 4 wires. I just bought 10' of 4 wire 10g cord and it was about $30. That wired my entire panel. Of course you have to strip off the outer sheath and separate the wires, but its worth it.

Isn't that $0.75 per foot?

I've got a couple partial rolls in my shop, black and I think some green. If you can't locate any let me know I can mail you some for what it cost me per foot.(I'll have to look up my cost)
Cool, thanks. I've got a few local leads to follow up on first...and the extension cord idea is a good one.

Seriously? Every HD/Lowes I've ever been in have a wire station where you can buy anything from bell wire to 6-3. I have some 10g that you can have but I think it would cost more to ship than to buy it local.

For some reason, my HD & Lowes wire stations don't carry a very wide selection of wire.

Selective reading..

I have thousands of feet in tiny pieces. Stop by. It's FREE.
Thanks for the offer, but Michigan is just a tad out of the way...

About how many miles are you from Bessemer? My brother has a ski cabin up in that neighborhood.

We re-wired the hot-tub to code, but still need to finish about 12" of outlet wiring....

We have been trying to arrange a trip for about a year now.

I could drag along some homebrew.

How much power are you running through it? Is it just low amp control wiring?

I have a friend who builds guitar effects pedals. I'll ask him.

Dynachrome said:
About how many miles are you from Bessemer? My brother has a ski cabin up in that neighborhood.

We re-wired the hot-tub to code, but still need to finish about 12" of outlet wiring....

We have been trying to arrange a trip for about a year now.

I could drag along some homebrew.

About 90 miles. I'm central up. I'd love to share some homebrews if you ever get to my neck of the woods.

BOBrob said:
Hmmmm.... I have been looking at going electric Biab for my keggle. You're not all that far away.....Cheers:tank:

I have a fair amount of scrap wire. My father has cashed in a lot of it over the last few years though with the high scrap prices. There are a lot of other odds and ends that could be useful. Anything I have to order or new stock, I would charge my cost for a homebrewer. Send me a list. Maybe I can help out.

I have a fair amount of scrap wire. My father has cashed in a lot of it over the last few years though with the high scrap prices. There are a lot of other odds and ends that could be useful. Anything I have to order or new stock, I would charge my cost for a homebrewer. Send me a list. Maybe I can help out.

Hi , thanks for the offer. I'm still scrounging around for parts and ideas for this. I just cut the trees down for lumber to build a brew shed next summer and a Biab system would be the way to go. The older I get the less I like the cold winters. So for now ,I gather and plan. so much to do and not enough time. Thanks again. Cheers to da UP:mug:

Did you get some wire? I'm going to my storage locker today and I might have some 10. I can look for you, send me a PM on how much you need.

B

Did you get some wire? I'm going to my storage locker today and I might have some 10. I can look for you, send me a PM on how much you need.

B

Yup, I got it, thanks. I totally forgot about the electrical supply store in town (that I have been to many times). Age is a *****.

Back