n00b gets compliment..best ever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fred_zepp

Reaction score
short story:

on easter, we all go to the wife's family's place. dinner goes as normal...then about half the crowd leaves (and all the non-drinkers are gone). my wife decides to make dessert, and i think i need a beer to go with it. I break out the six-pack of home brew porter i brought over. I give grandpa a beer. He likes it. Cool.

I'm starting to pour my second one and offer some to my mother-in-law and she accepts. She goes "Mmmmm...this is smooth". I say "Yeah? Its a porter...blah,blah,blah" and ramble into some beer facts. She really likes it and says so again. Then she starts reading the re-used cardboard six pack container that I used to transport the beer with. "Minnnn-doooh-seeee-nooo...Immmperiallll Eyeee Peee Aaaa". She looks at the bottle "Hey, why isn't there any labels on the bottles?" I smiled. She looks at me "YOU made THIS???" I just started laughing.

Hell yeah. That's one of those things that keeps you going when it's cold as a witch's titty outside and you're brewing your ass off! Nice Fred! :mug:

Congrats Fred, Please don't let you chest burst from all that pride.:) When I first started taking my brew to parties, it was "Homebrew? Well ok, I will try it." Now its, "I don't want this stuff(BMC). Where is Joe's Homebrew?"

oh yeah, did i forget to mention i've been gloating all week? or did your keen powers of perception already detect the aformentioned "pride". probably meens my next batch will taste like hot dog vomit. :p

oh yeah, did i forget to mention i've been gloating all week? or did your keen powers of perception already detect the aformentioned "pride". probably meens my next batch will taste like hot dog vomit. :p

Choose a good recipe and take the necessary sanitation precautions and all your beers will be great. ( My chest swole a little bit to with the pride of another homebrewer).

Back