Homebrew Club Fayetteville, NC??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LutzBrauerei said:
I'm going out on a limb here, but how many guys would be interested to get together on my next brew day (sometime in December)?

December is a busy month but maybe after the new year's would be better

I could be in for a brew session after the holidays. Haven't brewed anything since I moved here from Oklahoma.

Plan on brewing a NB Nut Brown Ale kit next weekend. Need to work through brew day at a new house... should be easier than the old apartment.

Any all grain brewers?

I was looking at a nut brown kit too. Going to see if my friend will go in and get a kit with me too so we can get the free shipping.

Looks like a couple of you are interested in brewing a brown ale...let me know. Got a pretty good recipe I've been brewing for a couple years now.

I've been brewing for a couple of years as well. I'm doing a kit just to get my brewing legs back under me... been out of it for about 6 months.

Not sure how many brews we would like to try to do at once? I normally make a Heffe from all-grain if anyone is intrested?

Gbert_Brewer said:
I could be in for a brew session after the holidays. Haven't brewed anything since I moved here from Oklahoma.

Plan on brewing a NB Nut Brown Ale kit next weekend. Need to work through brew day at a new house... should be easier than the old apartment.

Any all grain brewers?

I've been doing all grain batches for about a year and some change.

I've been brewing all-grain for over a year and brewing in general for about 2.5 years. I'm in the process of ordering/building a control panel for a basic e-HERMS. Anybody with experience with this in town?

p.s. I have the ingredients for a porter but not sure when i'll get to brew it yet. Anybody in the Raeford area?

Corey

I just moved here and am down to go to a brew day. I just started home brewing but I cheat and keg instead of bottle.

I've been brewing all-grain for over a year and brewing in general for about 2.5 years. I'm in the process of ordering/building a control panel for a basic e-HERMS. Anybody with experience with this in town?

p.s. I have the ingredients for a porter but not sure when i'll get to brew it yet. Anybody in the Raeford area?

Corey
I'm near raeford, but just a rookie. About to get into all grain myself, but on a much more amateur level then you.

What was the last thing ya'll brewed.
I got a Belgian Golden Strong, Great Lakes Christmas Ale clone, and what I am calling my accidental hefeweizen.

I have a Bavarian Hefe and a nut brown fermenting now. I expected my pumpkin porter to stick around a little longer but it turned out amazing and has disappeared into thin air. Ordered a bunch of flip top bottles so once they come in I'm bottling.

My friends and each got a kit to get the free shipping on morebeer.com and the finally shipped out today. We're all teachers so we plan to brew our first batches over break.

If you had more lead time I would say brew now and enjoy over break. I'm hoping my two 5 gallon babies will be ready in time for Christmas.

I throw a second thanksgiving on MLK weekend in January so it'll be ready for then.

files.php

Corey
I'm in the Raeford area. I don't have experience in building a e-HERMS, but do have about 20 years experience with electronics. Actually trying to get my first batch brewed in the new house today.

The wife an I have a full plate up-until after the holidays... but I should be available after the new years if you'd like some help with the e-HERMS.

I'm on Radford road around Tractor supply. I have the ingredients for a choc milk stout sitting here so if anyone wants to provide the equipment and know how is gladly share the spoils. Post DEC works for me too.

Excellent gbert an TRS. Maybe we can get together in January, brew and talk about beer!

Im not far from that tractor supply. I live off of Lindsey road right up the street from you.

Anybody like the idea of having the first meeting at a brew pub that way we can talk the logistics of a club in person? Earlt jan sound good?

Sure, gives a chance to BS and figure out who has what. I just want to get this bag of grains brewed up before they go bad. I noticed several boxes from northern came in for xmas so i think i'll have several extract kits to brew too.

What are you brewing? Extract or All Grain? My last two batches are about half way through so I'll be making some Caribou Slobber (extract) from NB soon. Not sure of the shelf life of an all grain kit, but imagine I need to get something done with it in Jan.

We each got extract kits that came with steeping grains from MoreBeer.com. But still haven't done them. I came down with bronchitis and one of the other guys the flu. Hopefully next weekend we can get them going.

Well, tis the season to be sick. Thinking about doing that ale tonight once the family is all in bed. I hate seeing the fermentor bucket empty in the garage.

Exactly. Love having full carboys. Since I'm feelin' better today I bottled up 5 gallons of grape-concentrate wine and 5 gallons of mixed berry wine. And watched Star Wars. haha

Hard cider and wine are on my interest list to do one day, but for now I'm trying to stock up on beer to keep a variety on hand. I live rather close to the location you mentioned earlier, i'm right across from Tractor Supply so anytime you or anyone else want to do some extract brewing, needs to bum some caps, bottles, or other brew supplies on short notice, or get together for a beer let me know. I have a heated garage with pool table, couches, and projector so feel free to hit me up anytime.

see, that's pretty badass. I'll keep it in mind!

I'm going to be priming my hard cider with brown sugar, concentrate and cinnamon so it'll carb up good. We'll see how that goes.

I'm in! Let's do this thing.

As for the discussion on supplies, I get what I can at Grapes and Hops, but I generally leave disappointed. However, I have new hope. Triangle Wine Company just opened up a second location in Southern Pines. They have an extensive beer selection, and after spending some time over there last week, the owner is extremely interested in bringing in some home brew supplies. He even mentioned the desire to do a homebrew tasting night with local homebrewers.

see, that's pretty badass. I'll keep it in mind!

I'm going to be priming my hard cider with brown sugar, concentrate and cinnamon so it'll carb up good. We'll see how that goes.

If we ever get a get together going you'll have to bring some. My hefe had a funk to it at first but with some bottle aging its coming around nicely. The nut brown is tasty as hell. Just got back from Aviator up in Fuquay. Their Bourbon barrel stout is delicious.

As for the discussion on supplies, I get what I can at Grapes and Hops, but I generally leave disappointed. However, I have new hope. Triangle Wine Company just opened up a second location in Southern Pines. They have an extensive beer selection, and after spending some time over there last week, the owner is extremely interested in bringing in some home brew supplies. He even mentioned the desire to do a homebrew tasting night with local homebrewers.

I'll have to give them a try, probably about the same driven having to go way over to grapes and hops with the traffic. Especially interested if they do a hone brew tasting night.

Southern Pines is no short trip though.

Latest posts

Back