Possible fungus in bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxofjibboo

Reaction score
Hey everyone, as I was grabbing my last bomber of some wheat beer I brewed about 2-3 months ago I noticed maybe fungus in the bottle. I'm very disappointed because I was going to bring it to Santa Barbara as an engagement present to my sister and her fiancé.

Is this some mold?
Do you think this is okay to drink? Or will I ruin their vacation and give them food poisoning?

It's the bigger of the two spots shone in the pictures. The one on the left is just a bubble in the glass.

image-4292264126.jpg

image-4062643752.jpg

image-1961645382.jpg

Yep think I found some in the bottom of the bottle. Guess the bottle wasnt washed well enough. Lesson learned!

It's the bigger of the two spots shone in the pictures. The one on the left is just a bubble in the glass.

It's probably mold.
Over the years I've had to throw out a few bottles with bubbles in them. the bubble was just close enough to the inside that there was a pinhole inside and it couldn't be sanitized reliably.

I wonder how many like that you (me) have drunk and never noticed?

Back