Basic $5 stir plate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryclo

Reaction score
Had a 4 11/16" computer fan from an old computer case, had a 12 volt wall adapter, tore out a magnet from a hard drive. Had to pay $4.95 for the stupid stir bar (hwy robbery) at the brew store,.. doesn't get much easier... I may add a simple voltage divider circuit with a potentiometer to give it speed control if I need it, but I will probably leave it as is...

my first version was a smaller fan and it had a hard time starting without a nudge, this one works MUCH better! :tank:

new_stir1.JPG

new_stir2.jpg

new_stir3.JPG

is this sitting right on the fan? Looks good though and is deffinitly doin what it needs to. Cool.

is this sitting right on the fan? Looks good though and is deffinitly doin what it needs to. Cool.

Yes, makes a perfect platform for a 2 liter flask. The hard drive magnet glued to the top is shoter than the edge of the fan so it needs nothing else!! KISS!

yep, it would move to the side as I was trying to glue it in place if it was not perfectly in the center. I have another one I was going to add if it needed it but the first one is so close to the bottom of the flask it grabs it great and never throws it...

Back