Homebrew as a wedding gift?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBKing

Reaction score
My brothers best friend is getting married in the summer, and I got the invitation in the mail on Friday. I've been pondering about a gift, and since he's a hard drinking son of a gun, I thought maybe I would get the labels off of 2 of my half gallon jugs and just give him some nicely aged homebrew.

Is that tacky?

Consider that I'm laid off and have a child, so money is somewhat of an issue here.

I think its OK. Make something with honey. I did this for my BIL. If they know your situation, then a gift from the heart is best. This certainly fits the bill.

You might give them two nice glasses to drink your brew too.

See the paragraph. I put this on my BIL's beer bottles on the back label.

Honeymoon Tradition:
Long ago couples would hide away for one full moon, due to the brides family having 2nd thoughts. Upon their return the bride would be pregnant making the union permanent. During this time the grooms party would drink honey mead (honey-wine) with the belief that it would ensure male offspring. It was customary that the brides father would supply the mead and upon child birth the mead maker would be congratulated!

i actually was wondering the same thing...i've got a couple weddings this summer that i thought this might be appropriate for...

I have brewed for two wedding receptions. The couples have thanked me repeatedly telling me it was a treat to be able to serve something special to the guests. It also made me a hit with the brides maids. ;)
You might think about bottling for single servings so a half gallon didn't have to be consumed in one sitting. Its nice to remember your wedding night.

I bottled a Kolsch I had on tap last spring for a friends wedding. I put it in the bigger Jolly Pumpkin bottles and made a special label. They loved it, and said it was the best gift they got. Not sure about putting it in gallon growlers. They won't hold the carbonation well. With the whirlwind of a wedding and the aftermath, it might be a few weeks before the couple can actually sit down and enjoy the beer you have gifted. Package accordingly.

Back