Am I insane?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grrtt78

Reaction score
I have read a few posts that give recipies for a SNPA clone which i would like to make. Am i crazy, or is there an orange flavor to it? When i first thought of a recipe i thought there would be orange peel or coriander. am i insane? is there an orange flavor? if so what makes it?

that may be it. its really faint but i swear its there. im not sure tho hence the title of the post.

That flavor could be there, however it's probably not a function of there having been added any citrus adjuncts or flavorings. Yeast can produce almost any flavor under the sun, given the right conditions. My advice to you is to start brewing clone recipes and see how close you can get to it by following them. You may be surprised at the flavors produced by following the proper method.

I always choose the insane option for myself personally...

That way it's just out there for people to know ahead of time. :drunk:

I get a little of what you're talking about with the citrus but I always thought it was the hoppiness as well. The Chairman is right tho. Play with it and see what you come up with. More than likely you'll create something you like better which is the whole point of doing your own, :rockin:

Ize

grrtt78 said:
no im drinking one right now and i taste some orange.

You may not be insane, but your palate certainly is :p . I've had that beer plenty of times, and orange is the last thing I pick out. Grapefruit/citrus, somewhat, but orange? That's a first. and I can guaran-damn-tee you, there h'aint no orange peel or orange flavoring in SNPA.

i dont necessarily mean orange i just taste a citrusy taste. and i think it is the hops.

I think it is the cascade hops. I am just trying to get a feel for what ingredients taste like what and how to replicate flavors.

Back