Side by side fridge for kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neustkg

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how many kegs will fit into the fridge part of a side by side fridge? I'm hoping at least 3 and maybe 4. The reason I ask is that I've seen a lot of side by sides on craigslist and I figure I can use some of the shelf space above where the kegs will be stored (as well as the freezer). In a fridge w/freezer on top, there isn't a lot of space and I'd have to remove all the shelves.

I tend to make a couple of double batches (12 gallon boils) when I brew, and I can easily fill 4 soda kegs and would need the fridge to hold 4 with 3 tapped at one time.

Mine currently has two kegs and my CO2 tank/reg. I can squeeze a third in there. And your right, I have to shelves of bottles above (one tall enough for Belgians, one 12oz) and one shelf just big enough to hold a pizza box or glass pan.

-Todd

I have a sided by side and was considering cutting through the wall between the freezer and the fridge to fit more and to stabilize the temp. I am assuming that the center wall is all insulation and no lines- does anyone know if this is a safe assumption?

So lets say I drilled a line in the outside of the fridge for CO2 (so I won't have to store the tank in the fridge) and placed the CO2 tank just outside the fridge to the right. Sounds like (depending on the size) I can fit 4 kegs w/this arrangement (based on HomerT's arrangement).

@ the OP, http://www.google.com/search?q=side+by+side+site:homebrewtalk.com

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=75108 <- I just did extensive research and posted pics/workup of this about 2 weeks ago.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?p=361300

But every fridge's dimensions are different. I recommend you take cardboard cut-outs of corny kegs with you to determine footprint, and a measuring tape to determine clearance.

---

I have a sided by side and was considering cutting through the wall between the freezer and the fridge to fit more and to stabilize the temp. I am assuming that the center wall is all insulation and no lines- does anyone know if this is a safe assumption?

Uhhhh. I would think it WOULD have lines. Probably model dependent - as in some might not.

---

So lets say I drilled a line in the outside of the fridge for CO2 (so I won't have to store the tank in the fridge) and placed the CO2 tank just outside the fridge to the right.

Why not just drill on the door itself, closest to the hinge? This way you're 100% positive you're not about to hit a coolant line.
Photo_003.jpg

So lets say I drilled a line in the outside of the fridge for CO2 (so I won't have to store the tank in the fridge) and placed the CO2 tank just outside the fridge to the right. Sounds like (depending on the size) I can fit 4 kegs w/this arrangement (based on HomerT's arrangement).

I would say so. Just be careful drilling through the side wall. Get a schematic if you can, to see where the refrigerant lines are run. Also, for mine, I yanked the produce drawers to sit my kegs lower. I had to make a flat board to give a uniform base (humps in the molded bottom) and a shelf to fit my CO2 tank on.

You can sort of see mine in this pic, when I only had one keg and the C02 installed.

IMG_2511.jpg

-Todd

Back