Behind the wall air cooling coffin box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpinetti

Reaction score
Check out this tap box for mounting behind the wall. A buddy made this for me and he is also doing a 4 faucet mount backsplash with integrated drip tray out of stainless steel. I'm running my two 3" PVC lines for air cooling from the keezer to this box on the wall behind my bar.

image-1306893750.jpg

If anybody is interested in this let me know. I'm sure he can do it for a few bucks. This was done on a plasma and can easily be customized for in between studs or other applications. Also backsplash's and drip trays. I'll add more pics.

image-2452482993.jpg

image-529902921.jpg

image-3092495356.jpg

Maybe I'm thick but can't picture what this is exactly! is that amboxx where your beer lines run into and will tap off of the top?

Let me explain. I wanted a four tap system behind my home bar but I just wanted the tap handles there and wanted to keep my keezer in a separate utility room next to the bar. It's about a 8' run of beer line which I need to keep cool or risk foaming issues. So this box mounts directly behind the taps on the other side of the wall. The shanks are in this box. Running to this box are two 3" PVC pipes. One with beer lines the other being an exhaust both going through the collar of my freezer where an fan is circulating the air.

Let me explain. I wanted a four tap system behind my home bar but I just wanted the tap handles there and wanted to keep my keezer in a separate utility room next to the bar. It's about a 8' run of beer line which I need to keep cool or risk foaming issues. So this box mounts directly behind the taps on the other side of the wall. The shanks are in this box. Running to this box are two 3" PVC pipes. One with beer lines the other being an exhaust both going through the collar of my freezer where an fan is circulating the air.

Ok, that makes sense now! Let me know how it works as foaming has been an issue for me in the past even with a fan cooling my tower setup.

It's official. NO FOAM!!! IT WORKS!!! I'm pumped. Summer Ale and Russian Imperial Stout on tap. Grand Cru still fermenting good going into week three in the secondary. Fourth tap spot is gonna be for a dedicated stout faucet.

So awesome! I'm hoping to do something like this once I'm out of college and have a house that I can do this kind of DIY stuff.

As for moving the thread, ask a mod to do it. If you go to the "General Beer Discussion" page look at the bottom... that will give you linked screen names of the moderators for the forum.

Back