Time efficient and lowest cost method of extracting juice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woldsweather

Reaction score
I have just returned my £150 Sage Nutri Juicer to Amazon as all I ended up with was wet pulp and no juice and it clogged up within 5 mins. I have learnt from a leading exponent of this method with a video on you tube that what he hadn't shown in the video was that he takes apart the juicer and washes it every 4 minutes.

So juicers out of the way, can anyone recommend not too expensive method of scratting and pressing bearing in mine that I have no practical skills?

I used a food processor and clean cotton fabric to screen the apple puree twist the fabric to extract the juice out

I freeze the apples. Then, as they thaw I mash them up in big mesh bags with my hands. For harder apples, we use a potato masher. Then I ferment for a few days, and then lift out the bags and hand squeeze.

It's a redneck crusher and press, but it works for us. We only do about 125 pounds of apples or crabapples that way, as it is pretty tedious. It seems to be fairly efficient, though!

Back