time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chamuco said:
Yup, got it! APA.

Sweet!

On to the next.

image-452841623.jpg

No to all

Hint: This is brewed in America, but the base style originated in Europe. This is not a completely traditional take on the style.

No to all.

Hint: The style listed by the brewery is not entirely a BJCP style. But the "base" style is Belgian.

No to all.

Big hint: the style was originally produced in the French speaking part of Belgium. This particular beer in the picture is a stronger version of the style.

chocotaco said:
Imperial Saison

Yes! I thought I was giving it away with that last hint. The next hint was going to be the picture of the label. ;)

image-3033768684.jpg

Wow, I didn't know that was even a thing! I gotta try that beer, it sounds super delicious. Coincidentally I was putting together a recipe for a saison with black pepper and citrus peel!

Doesn't seem to be available around here though. Damn!

Unfortunately I don't have a photo on hand. So I guess this one is up for grabs.

If no one minds ill give it a whirl! A clone of one of this great brewery's year round offerings.

image-934968261.jpg

No sir. Allow me to rephrase to be clearer. It IS an English style but brewed in a more Americanized manner.

Very very close looking for the specific style. getting the brewery would be very impressive but I just posted that as a small hint to start off.

Never had anything from des chutes I would love to get my hands on anything they brew I've read amazing things on here.

Back