Looking for advice on system plumbing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam1el

Reaction score
SO, I'm building a 2 tier 3 vessel system. MLT will be on higher platform than HLT and BK and I would like to stay with 1 pump. This shouldn't be a problem since I will be able to gravity feed both the hlt and the BK and use the 1 pump for recirc and sparge. I'm having a difficult time working out where the valves need to be and which should be 3 way and which should be 2 way. I see no reason why Ishould need more than 4-5 automated valves. I'm getting somewhat stuck on the layout. To be clear on the design. The MLT's platform will be in the middle of the bk and hlt I am working on drawing it up if I can find some decent software to do so.

Quick question, and maybe I'm misunderstanding your setup, but I believe you mention that you have a two-tier stand. How will you be able to transfer between the MLT and BK without a pump if they're on the same tier?

alien said:
OP said the MLT will be higher than the BK.

Good call. It's a rather odd design. I'd personally put the HLT on tier two and split the output of the pump with a three way valve to go to the HERM coil and the other to the BK. Might make more sense.

Latest posts

Back