108 brett b strasse,brettsville

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badlee

Reaction score
Just brewed last night and very excited.
10ltrs
2lb each of 2row,munich and vienna.
250gr each of crystal wheat and raw wheat. 50gr caraffa3.
Mashed at 69c and pitched brett b trois(thanks almighty)
Words fail to express just how excited i am.

And word fail to express how fast the initial fermentation stage was.
30hours after pitching a roughly 1ltr starter,i saw(upon returning from the in-laws)) a fat krausen ring and very little activity.
The smell in the downstairs bathroom,where it is, was crazy hoppy and fruity to the point that i could imagine ripe fruits falling from the celing.

Bottled at the weekend.
Red to amber with a strange golden hue.
OG was 1072 and FV at bottling was 1008 so,thats about BLOODY LOTS of %.
The body of this was very very thin relative to the gravity,but not watery at all,just surprising to tell the truth.
Taste was tart,tart,tart and fruity. The bitterness was strange. It is very bitter,but in a soft kind of way? I don't know if you can get your head around that. The Zythos hops don't prevail at all,a bit of a dissapointment,but the overall impression is of an ESB.
Cant wait to get a bottle in the glass. I carbed at 1.8gr of table sugar per 12oz bottle.

I will open the first bottle in 4-5 days and post on it.
I am thinking that the carbonation will bring it out some more. Fingers crossed that it will be carbonated.

When i post it, it may well be in my "memories of yeast" thread

Back