Tri-Clamp Aerator Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewurzel

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just put together my new in line Tri-clover Aerator.
I wanted on the exit of my Therminator be able to have a temperature sensor to go to my PID controllers and to and have an In line aerator where I could see the oxygen flowing into my wort. I wanted this to be all tri clamp fittings with a ball valve for flow control and for it to be easy to take apart and clean.
To go through tri clamp fittings I needed a ¼” wand aerator.
I searched and could not find one on a ¼” stainless steel rod.
First I designed it all using Auto cad LT.

aerator-model-58209.jpg

First I took a stainless steel 5/16 barb fitting and drilled out the center to 1/4" using a step drill bit.

drill-5-16-barb-58211.jpg

One on left in drilled out.
I then fitted the 1/4" stainless steel pipe to 5/16" barb to check the fitment.

I silver soldered them together using a Stay Brite silver solder Kit.

silver-soldered-58214.jpg

I then put together the oxygen stone assembly together putting it through a 1"/1.5" Tri Clover Tri Clamp X 1/4" Compression Adapter, and adding a stainless ¼”MPT to 1/4" Compression Adapter the other end going into a ball valve and on to a ¼” flare fitting to take the oxygen input.

aerator-arm-58208.jpg

The rest is just a 1” tri clamp ball valve, 2 x 1” tri clamp Tees, 1’ Triclover sight glass. And tri clamp Pt100 RTD sensor. And a street elbow and ½” cam lock fitting to fit on back of Therminator.

ass-showning-pt100-rtd-58210.jpg

tri-clamp-assembly-58215.jpg

sight-glass-58213.jpg

All parts came from
Stay bright silver solder, ¼” SS tube - Amazon
Tri clamps & cam lock fittings - Brewers Hardware,
Pt100 rtd Sensor - Auberins
.5 micron ¼” Flare fitting - More beer

That is very cool. I like how you can see it in action while still being closed off. I just might have to copy your design!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back