Austin Homebrew Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamo99

Reaction score
So, I'm asking for some Austin Homebrew Supply kits for Christmas. On their website they obviously don't list the contents of the kit, but when you order it do they include an ingredient list for the grain types, hops, etc? I've never ordered from them, but figured it would be easiest on those who buy me gifts to order from them.

Thanks for the quick reply. My anal retentive brew log and future modifications to the recipe would be greatly disappointed if it didn't.

On an unrelated note, I brewed a slight variation of your Fat Tire Clone today using the Wyeast very special strain. I thought it looked a lot closer than the BYO recipe that I was originally going to do and appreciate you sharing it.

With my inability to store mass quantities of grain, namely a 55# sack, I tend to go with the pre-built kits. I have had great results with all my AHS kits, except when i ferment too hot. Gotta get that under control better and have figured it out.

You will notice that sometimes the grain bill is a little simplified. It will only mention the grains as 2-row or Crystal 60 and not the maltster which might hinder your attempts to recreate it. Just thought you might want to know.

Austin Home Brew kits contain details of the ingredients. :) They put them all in one bag, write on the bag in a Sharpee permanent marker (that always seems to rub off, ironically) and they pack the box with instructions. These instructions contain the grain bill, the hop list, the addition times, any adjunct or flavourings (even the Blue Moon packet contents were listed by weight) and your estimated gravities.

I've done kits from a few places and I keep buying from Austin Home Brew.

Back