Brew stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DandyBrewer

Reaction score
I just built a brewing stand. This is welded steel. Any suggestions on what kind of paint I can use for the burner trays? Obviously it has to be something that can withstand a lot of heat.

image-622571386.jpg

You'll want header paint from an automotive store. BBQ paint isn't up to the task. I suggest you scrape or burn off the paint around the burners you have already painted on or else the high heat paint will serve no purpose other than to be burned with the rest the first time it's fired.

BTW: Nice stand.

The plan right now is to and a burner grill to the trays. Here is an updated photo of the project. Thanks for the tips about paint. I will probably strip the pair off the trays and get a high temp alternative before we fire it up.

image-4208583233.jpg

Your kettle/keggle is going to most likely cause issue with your burner shield design. There needs to be an air gap between the shield an kettle bottom for oxygen.

OneHoppyGuy said:
Your kettle/keggle is going to most likely cause issue with your burner shield design. There needs to be an air gap between the shield an kettle bottom for oxygen.

How much of a gap? Is 2 inches enough?

Back