If you could share a pint with anyone, who would it be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't stand Jimmy Buffet or his damn cheap freeloading Parrotheads. But I respect your wish to share a pint with him.

Yeah, I'm sure you get way more exposure to that in Key West than I do here in the midwest. I bet it does get old.

epc071 - Thanks for sharing, that's a great song.

Yea it never ends down here. They're almost cult-like its weird. IMHO he's an ass for taking our thought, mindset, and style of life and mainstreaming it to feed his pockets. His fans sit and fill up the tables in the bars all day keeping everyone from getting a turnover then they give the food/drink runners a $2 tip after 5 hours. And as Dave Chapelle put it... Did I mention they stink?

Thats why Id rather drink with Hemingway and Shel Sylverstein. They loved the lifestyle here, but didnt try to claim it. Sorry to rant.

I cried when Chief Inspector Morse died, I wanted to have a pint with him, he knew when the tubes needed a clean and respected a good beer, the others would be Brendan Behan, James Joyce and George Bernard Shaw

I was lucky enough to get the chance to share a pint with Ted Heath former British Prime Minister once many years ago. Unfortunately it was less enlightening than I had imagined it would be. I think that's the risk.

Having said that I'd love to have a pint with some more famous dead people in no particular order:
Christopher Hitchins
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Bill Hicks ( could get messy)
Cecil Lewis, author of one of the best accounts of life through the 1st world war as a pioneer aviator on the western front
Gram Parsons, Steve Earl and Townes Van Zandt all together
The photojournalist Tim Hetherington

I'll have to stop there or I'm going to run out of beer.....

Mongrel said:
For that one, I'd bring Scotch.

...........and a bevy of Suicide Girls.

I remember him once saying that whilst his favourite tipple was Johnny Walker he would not rule out any other beverage so long as it had an ABV greater than 0% or words to that effect.

Can we not just assume the Suicide Girls are there anyway to ensure glasses stay topped up? Think of them as facilitators.

I remember him once saying that whilst his favourite tipple was Johnny Walker he would not rule out any other beverage so long as it had an ABV greater than 0% or words to that effect.
Sounds about right.

Can we not just assume the Suicide Girls are there anyway to ensure glasses stay topped up? Think of them as facilitators.
I think they'd be more likely to kick you in the head repeatedly if you didn't make sure their glasses were topped up :mug:

Alive: Clint Eastwood and Bono

Dead: Jesus and my Great Granny

I would really like to share a few pints with Jesus and find out what he really had to say and what he thinks of all this BS now.
My Great Granny was a great, strong lady. She brought me up and until we moved to AZ and I miss her all the time. I named my daughter after her. Love you Granny!

Clint Eastwood has been my absolute favorite actor since I was a sprout. When I was in jr high, I started to really get into music and one of my favorite bands back then was U2. I still love all their old music and some of the new stuff. I think some pints at a table with Clint and Bono would be pretty interesting conversation.

For me J.R.R. Tolkien.

You just cant read the Lord of the Rings without a good stout, a loaf of fresh bread, good cheese, honey, and roast beef.

For me it would be dime bag Darrel from pantera r.i.p or young pink Floyd all of them at a table in there prime discussing there next album.

I love this thread. This question was asked of me last week. I was in Palm Springs visiting my parents and my Dad took me to the Yard House for a couple of cold ones. He was telling me stories about my grandpa that past when I was 8 or 9. Good stories and a lot of stuff I didn't know. My Dad asked this question and I told him it would be his Dad first and then just for the fun of it Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle. I have read both of them were a good time when they were drinking.

Dead: "Devil Anse" Hatfield, to find out what really started the feud (he's also an ancestor of mine). Also, Randy Rhodes, Jim Marshall, or Gary Moore

Alive: Eric Clapton, Eric Johnson, or Paul Gilbert.

As long as we're talking musicians, how about Brian Johnson? (Bon Scott for that matter)

Dalai Lama, but he doesn't drink beer so if he was drinking tea that would be fine and I'd drink a pint of tea myself.

shoreman said:
Dalai Lama, but he doesn't drink beer so if he was drinking tea that would be fine and I'd drink a pint of tea myself.

Make it a strong kombucha ;)

Love to share a home brew w/my Dad, but he passed away many years before I began to brew. He was born outside of Munchen. I'm sure he'd like my ales.

emjay said:
Make it a strong kombucha ;)

Lol.. That's what I was thinking. They actually pulled the Synergy brand off the shelves for awhile here because it was found to contain 1-1.5% ABV instead of the >.5% that qualifies it as a nonalcoholic beverage.

Not in any particular order....
Bill Hicks
H.S.T.
John Bonham
Chris Farley
Syd Barrett
Charlie Manson
Julia Child
Jim Henson
Tom Hanks

Well,since I first saw this thread posted,I thought about it,thought about it,drew a blank,& thought some more. Just now it finally dawned on me. I want to drink some of my cascade pale ale pm that'll be ready by turkey day,to drink with this person.
Yehoshua is his name in ancient Hebrew. I'd love to sit down with a cold 12'r of my pale ale,& discuss things of great import. If for nothing else,for our mutual understanding.

You know darn well we didn't get ot right either. Surprising how few know his given,proper name is Yehoshua. Even modern Isrealies call him Yeshua And trash talk the snot out of him on national TV with a monkey mimicking him on the cross. Anyway,who better to drink a few beers with than him? Imagine what a wonderful conversation it would be??! Seems to me if anyone to have an honest chat with,our dear Lord would be such great fun to converse with.

unionrdr said:
Surprising how few know his given,proper name is Yehoshua.

Also surprising how few know the name of his Father, even going so far as to have it stricken from the Holy Scriptures

As far as the dead go, I'd love a pint with the likes of George Washington, Samuel Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Abe Lincoln, Ulysses S Grant, Robert E Lee, Steve Irwin (RIP) and my late great-grandfather on my mom's side. He served in WWII and died in his early nineties before I was old enough to pick his brain about what life was like.

As for the living, I'd love to have a pint with both grandfathers and my dad, but with my dad my age and my grandfathers the ages they were when my dad was my age. From some of the stories I've heard, I think we'd have a good time ;) I'd also enjoy a beer with Kevin Smith, he seems like he'd be a lot of fun to talk to. And Banksy because the idea of having a pint, sneaking out to do some street art and capping the night with another pint or two sounds like a good time. I love his work and don't have an artistic bone in my body but really think I'd enjoy tagging and pasting up large prints.

Like many others, when I first read this question, my mind went totally blank. I was like, "WTF? Is there nobody I would toss back a pint or three with?" Then my mind went on a tirade of listing out all of the people I would love to spend time just listening to, not to mention conversing with. The list is entirely too long, and there is no way I could possibly pick just one person. How does one choose? Do I list it out in reverse chronological order? Alphabetical? Random Lottery? Of course, the longer I ponder this query, the longer the list gets . . . and all the more difficult the choice becomes. Choosing one's family is an obvious choice, hence I will not add them to the list. Screw it, why not a short list? So, here goes, in no particular order . . .

1. Samuel Langhorne Clemens
2. Thomas Jefferson
3. William H. Bonney
4. Socrates
5. Ghengis Khan
6. Tutankhamen
7. Martinus Dom, the first abbot of the Trappist Abbey in Westmalle
8. Marilyn Monroe
9. Louis Pasteur
10. Leonardo di ser Piero daVinci
11. Mahatma Gandhi
12. Gaius Julius Ceasar
13. Motecuhzoma Xocoyotzin

. . . 13 is enough . . . and my favorite number.

Anyone? George Washington, without a doubt. Im fascinated by him; but if it has to be someone currently alive, I would have to say Zach galafianakis...boy, talk about extremes lol

Back