Bar Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAWhiteFSU

Reaction score
I convinced SWMBO to let me convert our loft/office into a loft/bar. The loft is about 17 ft. wide and 10 ft. deep.

Suggestions/comments/criticisms on the remainder of the planning are gratefully accepted.

Bar Plans:

Here is an initial draft of the plans for the bar. Bear with me, I'm an economist, not an engineer. I put particular emphasis on ease of construction and keeping the keezer structurally independent of the bar.

bar_plans.png

Bar Materials:

All prices from Lowes.com. Links to Lowe's pages are proving difficult.

Bar top: 1 x 20" edge glued stain ready panels mounted on 3/4" plywood.

Sides: "Wavy" galvanized sheet metal roofing.

Keezer Plans:

I am going to follow this build quite closely with a few modifications. Thanks dahappycamper.

Because of how the bar top is going to be built (without a hinge in it), I am going to take the hinges off the top of the Keezer and remove the whole top when I want to go inside it.

Keezer Parts list:

GE 7.0 cu. ft. Chest Freezer ($199)
Subtotal: $199

Johnson Thermostat Controller ($59)
4 Keg Faucet Kit with Perlick 525's ($443)
5% Discount at kegcowboy.com (-$25)
Shipping ($14)
Subtotal: $490

8 corny kegs at $30 shipped.
Subtotal: $240

Keezer Parts Total: $929

Good Luck... Be awesome to come check it out in person when finished....

For me at least. I really like the stainless counter tops. I'm not sure what type of material you had in mind for the top.

Good Luck... Be awesome to come check it out in person when finished....

Sounds good. Mid-may or so I think.

For me at least. I really like the stainless counter tops. I'm not sure what type of material you had in mind for the top.

A stainless steel top would be great, but I don't think it's in the budget. SWMBO get's to pick all the cosmetic stuff as part of the compromise. She has picked out some galvanized sheet metal roofing for the sides however.

Galvanized-Corrugated-Roofing-Sheet.jpg

Your plans shows up as a big red "X" for me.

Interested in what you're going to do as my wife and I just bought a house and I've "claimed" the basement and already have a chest freezer!

Back