My family homebrew debut

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonkHeDo

Reaction score
So I brought homebrew to a family gathering for the first time today, my pumpkin porter. Feedback included:

1. As we went around saying what we were thankful for during grace, my nerdy college professor uncle said "Would it be appropriate to say I am thankful for Brandon's homebrew?"

2. After trying Sweetwater Brewing Company's Exodus Porter the same uncle said, "I think yours is better." W00t!!!

3. My cousin Ann Marie (who is a Southern Baptist preacher's wife) tried some of mine and said, "Oooh can I have one with dinner?"

4. My aunt, who doesnt drink beer, "Oooh now I could drink that!"

5. My cousin Joe, who has homebrewed for 20+ years, said "You did very well with this."

All in all, a very successful debut. Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow brewers.

Nice, good job! I took this opportunity to unload some brew and everybody sucked it down pretty well. Freed up some bottles so I can get brewing again!

Good work. Now I will be expecting to see one of your beers in my mailbox pretty soon? Lol

Congrats! I actually don't like it when my family says my beer is good. I never know if they're just saying that to be nice or not. At least when they say they don't like it I know they're being honest.

The last comment, Joe was it? Everyone else loved it, he says "eh, you did good enough for your first try, but I'm still not worried". ;) Love it.

I'm paraphrasing of course. Good job! You may learn it gets harder to keep beer in stock at your place when it's good. We pay a 'toll' whenever we go to the inlaws- 3 bottles for them, 3 for my parents, and a couple for their friends. But, it keeps my paddle in the kettle. Kyle

Back