Cascade St. Brewery up and running on E

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acefaser

Reaction score
Well the electricity was flowing at Cascade St. Brewery yesterday. Got the inaugural brew done and I must say it was much faster than when I used Propane. The timers and alarms are so nice to have. Just set them and go get other things done while you wait.
The electrical panel is not complete. I am ordering up some labels to replace the crappy label maker ones I have on there now. The brew picture doesn't show the Amp meter and Volt meter powered because I just got them wired up today. I was having problems with the meters before but all is good now.
Many thanks to all on this website. I couldn't have done it without the help from everyone including Kal, P-J, Bobby_M just to name a few.
Was going to call the brewery JEHERMS Breweing (John's Electric HERMS Brewing), but wife didn't like that one. :)
Sorry for the crappy picks, I used my cell for the brew day photos.

Panel:
51bxxu.jpg

Inside Panel:
s3ougy.jpg

Brew day:
wrcfwx.jpg

WOW.! Good job. You ended up with a fine looking rig. I know that you will get huge benefits and pleasure with having gone all electric.

Looks nice. I wish the wiring of my panel looked that neat. It looks like the pumps outflow is down, or is there another set of valves on the top? If it's down, did that cause any problems? How did you mount your panel? I hope to get my e-brewery up and running over the 4th.

Mike

Looks nice. I wish the wiring of my panel looked that neat. It looks like the pumps outflow is down, or is there another set of valves on the top? If it's down, did that cause any problems? How did you mount your panel? I hope to get my e-brewery up and running over the 4th.

Mike

Yes the pump outflow is down. Is that the proper way to run them? I haven't had any problems with them mounted that way.
I mounted the panel on a 4x4 that I cut at a 45 degree angle. I will include more pictures to help show the panel mount.

2vcbxns.jpg

The panel uses a single SSR with a computer fan cooled heat sink I found at a used computer store. No heat build up at all with that thing running!
24bkc2p.jpg

Splatter screen converted to false bottom with 1/2" fittings
4hs4cj.jpg

Used a longer RTD for the mash tun so I changed the way the "T" was mounted so the RTD wouldn't hit the valve.
8wcyhg.jpg

HLT is 64QT and Boil pot is 84QT from Austinhomebrew. The HLT is smaller, but for 10 gallon boils I can slowly refill it while the mash is circulating. Hope to upgrade to larger in the near future. The center pot is a Keg.
1zclk6x.jpg

Thanks for the picture. Hopefully i'll be finishing my stand over the 4th and was trying to figure out how to mount the controll panel.

Typically the outflow is up so any airbubbles will flow out and not cavitate and I think i've read that the pump works better restricted with the valve on the output side. But if it works, who cares, right?

Latest posts

Back