a cryin shame!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phrasty

Reaction score
ATT996901.jpg

Sigh, I'm at a loss for words....

LMAO... never tasted it to be honest... But in that case its still a waste of grain and hops!!! hehe :D

My step dad once told me of a truck of Miller crashing not far from his house as a younger man (I'd like to think that perhaps Miller tasted better back then). Well, because the truck tipped and all the cases fell out, whatever survived the crash wasn't going to be sold to anyone, so the neighborhood was suddenly full of people picking up the remaining bottles and carting them back home by the milk crate full...

Prolly looked a lot like this.

kvh

Phrasty said:
LMAO... never tasted it to be honest... But in that case its still a waste of grain and hops!!! hehe :D

Trust us, it is one skunky beer. I choked down one case many years ago to get the bottles.

Now I'm drinking Tecate & Carta Blanca to get the 32 oz. bottles. Gonna fire up the old Beer Gun and be done in no time. Makes for a nice gift or buzz either way you look at it. :D

mmm, waste of bottles. We could be using those to bottle our beer in. Just pour out that nasty **** and use the bottle.

Rook said:
at least this way no one will have to drink it...

Actually, as far as a fairly dull style of beer goes, Grolsch isn't too bad. At least you can taste the hops in it, unlike most other lagers.

Still, lucky they weren't the flip top bottles - that really would have been distressing.

Fortunately, Grolsch also do a Premium Weizen wheat beer in the flip top bottles that is pretty good; and at supermarket prices comes pretty close to buying empty bottles from the LHBS.

While I've not had a Grolsch, I have had a few beers er the yeas that necessitated having a DIFFERENT beer just to get the schtank outta my mouth.

Tony

homebrewer_99 said:
You're new and this pic os old... :D ;) That happened several years ago.

I know its old.. saw it b4 as well, but I'm sure not everyone here saw it. even if they did it's still slightly entertaining to say the least.

Cheers

ProfLight said:
While I've not had a Grolsch, I have had a few beers er the yeas that necessitated having a DIFFERENT beer just to get the schtank outta my mouth.

Tony
Grolsch, and a few others, sometimes suffer from the marketing problem of putting their beers in light green bottles (especially for export). When someone then leaves them in sunlight they get lightstruck and skunky. Grolsch, being more highly hopped than most, is particularly vulnerable. Gotta hate the way marketing always wins out over good sense.

BarryNL said:
Grolsch, and a few others, sometimes suffer from the marketing problem of putting their beers in light green bottles (especially for export). When someone then leaves them in sunlight they get lightstruck and skunky. Grolsch, being more highly hopped than most, is particularly vulnerable. Gotta hate the way marketing always wins out over good sense.

HERE HERE!!!!
I'm in the design business and i TOTALLY agree with you!

Skunk monk bunk dunk. I have two 1500ml bottles and they were a bit of a stuggle to empty. Not the worst beer in the world but well below par.

boo boo said:
I get it in 500 ml cans and it isn't too bad at all. No skunk taste from mine.
They're available in cans here now that BA owns them. Tried 'em at the dunes. Good thing I was thirsty:D

Wild

Back