Chimay Partial Mash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missing link

Reaction score
I'm in process of making a Chimay clone. My first time using a yeast starter.

10 more minutes to flame out. My wife and I are pretty excited about this one.

Linc

We're making the Premier (RED LABEL)

Amazingly dark red out of the mash tun.

I was amazed at how much the total bill was for all the ingredients. ($55)

Linc

missing link said:
We're making the Premier (RED LABEL)

Amazingly dark red out of the mash tun.

I was amazed at how much the total bill was for all the ingredients. ($55)

Linc

Well cheaper than the 10 bucks a bottle, probably will taste better too. :mug:

What were teh ingredients? I bet you could knock a bit off that price with your next batch. Washed yeast, homemade candi sugar (if they us any), GO ALL GRAIN!!!! ;)

Ó Flannagáin said:
What were teh ingredients? I bet you could knock a bit off that price with your next batch. Washed yeast, homemade candi sugar (if they us any), GO ALL GRAIN!!!! ;)

What the French guy said.

missing link said:
I'm in process of making a Chimay clone. My first time using a yeast starter.

10 more minutes to flame out. My wife and I are pretty excited about this one.

Linc

I hope you have cloned the yeast too...
It's so easy with this kind of beer to take the yeast make a couple of starter and see it's still alive :rockin:

I've got a bottle of the blue Chimay in the fridge, I may try doing a starter with the bottom inch of that bottle. I have heard the the commercial yeast is the same as the monk's use and that the yeast in the bottle is different from what they use to ferment the beer.

I'll post the ingredients later today, it's out of one of the popular clone books. I was aiming for 1.068 OG and I only got 1.062. How will this affect the beer? Now that I am understanding PM I am thinking of convincing the wife to get me the rest of the stuff needed to go ALL GRAIN. Mainly bigger brew kettle and bigger cooler.

Anybody want to help me drink a 15 gallon keg one afternoon?

Linc

Back