CT what do you think?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys....HomeBrew Hunter here. I am a homebrewer in CT and have started a Facebook Page and soon to have a website up and running. My thought process is to help promote homebrewing in the state of Connecticut. I hope to keep everyone up to date on upcoming events and homebrew contests, tips from fellow homebrewers, tips from the pros, deals and discounts in the area, etc. I would like to also see more homebrew contests in the area. I hope to work with the local breweries, brew pubs and restaurants to help celebrate us homebrewers...who knows we could be the next up and coming brewery in CT! I haven't got it all figured out yet but I am going to try and figure it out and I would love to hear from you guys on thoughts and ideas of things you would like to see regarding homebrewing. Maybe we can get some newbie/intermediate/master brewing classes hosted by some of the area homebrew shops. How about contests with specifics items (certain hop variety, or specific malt, or local honey, etc) that must be used in your beer but the style is up to you? Then see who comes up on top. How about an event that lets the public decide on the winner based on taste and creativity and not necessarily BJCP guidelines? Just a few ideas that i am throwing around right now. Seeing as fall is right around the corner I would love to get some place to host a pumpkin beer brew off. Again style is up to you but pumpkin (squash or sweet potato) must be contained within the beer. Along with that maybe a pumpkin inspired label contest or maybe best creation for drinking vessel made from a gourd? I enjoy the art of brewing and I would like to share with more people.

Again let me know what you all think. Maybe I am out in left field but I think this could be a good time, and a great way of showing off our hard work and love for brewing beer!!

Cheers - Homebrew Hunter Facebook Link

Great idea!! Just "Liked" you on the Facebook.

Love the idea of a Pumpkin Ale brew-off. I bet you can get one of the beer bars in New Haven to host that.

Thank you JohnnyO. Great now past the word along. Once I know people are interested I will start pushing for these types of events. Also do you know of any particular places in New Haven that I should try contacting?

Thanks everyone for the feedback. There seems to be some interest in these ideas, hopefully I will see some more interest. It would make some of these ideas more feasible if I have the backing when I seek out these establishments to hold some of these events. Please spread the word if you can.

Again keep any and all suggestions coming either here or on FB.

Thanks.

Hey,
I think you've got some really good ideas there. Very stoked about the pumpkin beer brew off. I was planning on brewing a pumpkin ale anyway, but it would be very cool to try other people's in the area. You have been liked on Facebook.

-AJ

Back