Starting Kit for Mead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've brewed beer a few time and was interested in making a batch of mead. I have all my equipment from brewing, but I was wondering if someone had a basic ingredient list, or a place to buy a bundle to start my first batch of mead.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Northern Brewer ( and other online stores ) see mead kits. Look under the wine making section.

they seem like a good deal even with the shipping since the price of their kits is about the same as I can get just the honey locally.

Personally, unless you are going to mail order your honey from an Apiary... just use whatever you can buy locally from bee keepers, farmer's markets, or grocery stores.... There's way more honey available locally than most people would ever believe....

Same for whatever fruits or juices or spices you choose to use... Mostly, its easiest to buy locally unless you are ordering it from a specialty sort of shop.... like Penzy's for spices....

Yeast and nutrients wise - your home brew supply should have those.... 71B narbonne is pretty popular for yeast.. You will also need some DAP and some Yeast Nutrient like Fermax....

Thanks

For your first mead I would just use water, honey, yeast and nutrient. For a fancier first mead, try Joe's Ancient Orange Mead.

Back