Brutus 10 Brew Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josnooze

Reaction score
I am building a Brutus 10. Does anyone know what brand of brew kettle was used in the original Brutus? The kettles listed in the materials list (14 gal #7372 ) are no longer available from Northern Brewer. Thanks!

I am building a Brutus 10. Does anyone know what brand of brew kettle was used in the original Brutus? The kettles listed in the materials list (14 gal #7372 ) are no longer available from Northern Brewer. Thanks!

They were called Itallian Kettles, but they are very hard to find anymore.

I used kegs for my kettles. On my next build I may go with brewhemoth's penrose kettle. the italian kettles (you are looking into)are hard to find and they are pretty thin at the bottom. They are 14 gallons and I have seen guys fill it to the top for an 11 gallon batch. When it boiled it was way too close to over flowing. You would be best served by any 15.5 gallon keg or penrose kettle. The brehemoth website is now in my scan. The equipment they have looks great. Good price on their kettle. Check it out.
snake10

How is the quality of this pot? I am looking at getting a 26 gallon kettle and their 102qrt seems to be a pretty decent price. I am looking for a heavey duty kettle that is going to last a really long time.

We use three of these on our brew rig and they are very good quality.

Latest posts

Back