Low Profile Sanke To Corny Conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikrocks

Reaction score
Hi all. I just sampled my first LME brew, and it was a complete success! THe next step is to keg brew #2 and dispense in my homemade kegerator!

I built the kegerator last winter out of a minifridge and, fearing I wouldn't have enough headroom for a regular sized coupler, went with a Low Profile model.

THe problem is, the Low Profile coupler is different from the regular one and I'm not sure I'll be able to use something like this to make the quick conversion. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!

the barb fittings on your low profile micro matic tapper are removable, if you replace them with 1/4" male flare fittings, then you can install female swivel flare fittings on your beer and gas lines and switch back & forth between corny and sankey.

i would strongly recommend stainless for the fittings, you may need to find an industrial supplier for them as i doubt home depot or any other hardware store will have stainless..

Wow, that's a great idea. I have a Fastenel in town, but I might have to go online to find the SS flare fittings. Thanks!

Back