Big Score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluespook

Reaction score
I'm relatively new to brewing and had only a little basic cheap equipment...until last week! I put an ad on Craig's List for used wine and beer brewing equipment and got one response. I went over to look at the stuff. The owner was an all grain brewer until about 5 years ago when he quit to become a full time brewmaster at a local pub. I found a nice 10 gallon brew pot and a carboy and asked him how much he wanted for them. He thought about it and said he'd take $200 for the whole shebang. I got 2 converted 15.5 gallon kegs with valves and gauges, the brew pot with valve and gauge, a double coil submersion cooler (all stainless), a keggle, the carboy, a 15 gallon demijohn, an all copper commercial counter cooler (big and heavy), 6 or so carboy handles (all new), a magnetic stirrer, and all sorts of miscellaneous parts, flasks, locks, gauges, thermometers, and pieces of little stuff. Two car loads of great equipment...all dirty, but in good condition. Was that a magical day, or what!!! I died and went to brewer's heaven.

It's clean living maybe...I don't smoke or kiss girls...only drink booze.

Blue :ban: :mug: :D

Nice! I recently was given 2 free 5 gal carboys from a guy from work...well, in exchange for a 6-pack of homebrew...but at 200 dollars yours sounds like a great steal...that's about how much I put into my equipment and haven't even went all grain yet. I think I'll go hit cl too. Congrats :)

Cute! Now that you mention it, I don't smoke them either, never have; however, we both probably wish we could make them smoke.

Blue

Latest posts

Back