NY Senator pushing craft beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The idiot Governor that got in due to the previous sex scandal, I forget his name. He was pissed that people on the borders of the state would bring their bottles into NY and get the 5 cent deposit back even though the bottles were purchased out of state. They passed a law (for all of 24 hours or something like that) that said bottled water needed to have its own bar code so that the machines could read it and give the deposit back, but only to the ones bought in NY. Whatever regulation governs bottle water also governed beer and its containers, meaning any beer sold in NY would also needs its own barcode. AB let them know they would not make a separate bottling line just for NY and would be pulling all Bud products immediately. The law was quickly over turned. :D

Patterson.

I'm surprised I never heard a hint of that. Must have been really fast for me to have missed it. I pour over news like there's no tomorrow.

NY is a great sleeper state when it comes to craft beer. I've been to almost 30 breweries in my state and am constantly researching road trips to visit more. My favorite overall brewpub I have ever been to is actually in NY - Brown's in Troy. And I am no "regional" ra-ra boy, so when I say they are my favorite, I really mean it objectively.

Patterson.

I'm surprised I never heard a hint of that. Must have been really fast for me to have missed it. I pour over news like there's no tomorrow.

NY is a great sleeper state when it comes to craft beer. I've been to almost 30 breweries in my state and am constantly researching road trips to visit more. My favorite overall brewpub I have ever been to is actually in NY - Brown's in Troy. And I am no "regional" ra-ra boy, so when I say they are my favorite, I really mean it objectively.

Browns is great. Check out the Pump Station in Albany. Fantastic brew pub owned by C.H. Evans Brewing company. Try the Kick-Ass Brown Ale and the Pump Station Pale.

Been there, great place also. I actually had lunch there and dinner at Brown's in the same day. That was a good day...

I miss living in Albany. Next time you're up there, check out Mahar's on the corner of Madison and North Allen. They have 30-40 beers on tap at any given time, 100 or so in bottles, and consistently have 5 or 6 cask beers available. You get a number the first time you go, and you print out the beer list. At the end of the night, you turn in the list with all the beers you tried checked off. Next time you go, the list you print out won't have beers you tried already, so you have to try something new.

I miss living in Albany. Next time you're up there, check out Mahar's on the corner of Madison and North Allen. They have 30-40 beers on tap at any given time, 100 or so in bottles, and consistently have 5 or 6 cask beers available. You get a number the first time you go, and you print out the beer list. At the end of the night, you turn in the list with all the beers you tried checked off. Next time you go, the list you print out won't have beers you tried already, so you have to try something new.

ahhh.....Mahars, I spent many a night there when my wife was a student @ SUNY Albany. She studied and I tasted. I think I still need 4 more beers to get my world beer tour t shirt, gotta get back up there!

The idiot Governor that got in due to the previous sex scandal, I forget his name. He was pissed that people on the borders of the state would bring their bottles into NY and get the 5 cent deposit back even though the bottles were purchased out of state. They passed a law (for all of 24 hours or something like that) that said bottled water needed to have its own bar code so that the machines could read it and give the deposit back, but only to the ones bought in NY. Whatever regulation governs bottle water also governed beer and its containers, meaning any beer sold in NY would also needs its own barcode. AB let them know they would not make a separate bottling line just for NY and would be pulling all Bud products immediately. The law was quickly over turned. :D

The new guy in MI tried to do the same thing for soft drinks. Same thing the companies said no way and it didn't get through.

I went to BarrierBrewingCo in oceanside LI.They brew one BBL at a time. Great beer.

That one's only a year or two old right? keep meaning to check it out.

I should get Chuck behind my "Get Brooklyn Beer back at Citi Field" campaign. Used to have 4 'exclusive' beers out in CF,but supposedly they were priced out in part due to AB pressure to have their own stuff in that highly trafficked area.

Ceetar said:
That one's only a year or two old right? keep meaning to check it out.

I should get Chuck behind my "Get Brooklyn Beer back at Citi Field" campaign. Used to have 4 'exclusive' beers out in CF,but supposedly they were priced out in part due to AB pressure to have their own stuff in that highly trafficked area.

Yea barrier has only been around 2 years or so Jimmy's 43 always has them on tap. You can go by on sat morning for Growler fills Craig and evan are mad nice I'm.sure the can give.you a tour even though its only one room.

Is TapNY the festival at Hunter Mountain? The past two years I've been on vacation both times. I'll make it up there eventually!

Yeah I go every year, it's great! You should definitely try to make it. If you get a hotel don't stay at the ski lodge it's really expensive, there's a hotel right across the street called the forester lodge which is much cheaper

Back