Keezer condensation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nutsok

Reaction score
Built me a kegerator out of my freezer and noticed there's a lot of condensation. Enough to pool up at the bottom after a week. Is there any fix to this?

Try to minimize any air exchange with cords or lines running through your lid or collar.

Also, many of us use damprid or something else. I have one of those small dehumidifiers that you can plug into the wall after awhile to dry out the stuff that collects moisture:

Eva-Dry E-500 Renewable Wireless Mini Dehumidifer 1

And finally, many of us use small computer fans to keep air circulating.

I use the Eva-Dry too. I also use an internal fan. They work fairly well, but I still get pooling at the bottom of the freezer. I just make it a point to mop it up whenever I swap out a keg. It's still much better that before I got the dehumidifier.

I use the Eva-Dry too. I also use an internal fan. They work fairly well, but I still get pooling at the bottom of the freezer. I just make it a point to mop it up whenever I swap out a keg. It's still much better that before I got the dehumidifier.

I had those same issues too. I read on here about pointing the fan towards the Eva-Dry, and that seems to work better.

I use a canister of silica gel like the following in mine.

750 Gram Rechargeable Silica Gel Canister

The benefit of this is that you can 'recharge' it by putting it in the oven for a few hours. I would shop around to find your best price and also figure out how many grams you need depending on the volume of your keezer.

Back