So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This morning I bottle the Dunkel and cleaned everything off. After the oxyclean soak it's all drying now and tomorrow morning I'll be re-filling the fermenter with the Apocolypso I got from AHS.

Had to change brew plans and will be doing Jamil's Amber Red Ale and my Vanilla Bourbon on Monday. Couldn't find vanilla beans in stock in 3 grocery stores and ended up buying them online. 8 for 8.75 I believe, off myspicesage.com.

Next weekend getting some marris otter,golden promise, getting the same hops with the same crystal malts and same yeast and comparing the two base malts.Sounds like a good plan. I have a bunch of crystal malts left so im making ipa's and seeing what base malts do with the same recipes for ipa's.Plus im trying liquid yeast for the first time doing a double small brew2/3 of a 5 gallon batch roughly 3 ish gallons with two differnt beers.
I havnt brewed in like a month,im pumped. My last few all grain brews have really inspired me to continue making good beer that my last brews have turned out so good.I was going to take a break but hell no,i still got crystal malts sittin.

Tomorrow my friend and I are having a double header, Moose Drool for me, and Yeungling's porter for him. Should be a fun time rather than doing homework.

I want to try to make my own recipe, I'm thinking a pale ale. Not sure yet, though.

Trying to do a double today/this weekend. Up first is a Nut Brown Ale based on a Samuel Smith clone but with some modifications. Second is TBD, trying to decide between a Marris Otter/Fuggles/s-04 SMaSH and some sort of IPA that doesn't require Centennial (out of it) (e.g. Mojo IPA clone).

Trying to do a double today/this weekend. Up first is a Nut Brown Ale based on a Samuel Smith clone but with some modifications. Second is TBD, trying to decide between a Marris Otter/Fuggles/s-04 SMaSH and some sort of IPA that doesn't require Centennial (out of it) (e.g. Mojo IPA clone).

copyright, my brewday looks eerily similar.

Barring fatigue (or late afternoon booze-brain) I'm looking at doing 2 batches today too. First up is a 10 gal summit/warrior IPA followed by some sort of big, dark malty English ale w/ MO (& some home toasted MO), Fuggles, EKG

cheers

Going for my 3rd batch of Arrogant Bastard clone this morning. All grain. Have decided to keep to AB until I get what I think it should be. Learning, refining procedures, and drinking ever improving brew. More friends are starting to come by. Good sign

if the weather holds out ill be doig 10 gallons of my amarillo pale ale. i got a couple ounces of nelson sauvin hops to throw in towards the end this time. its just 2 row, carmel 50/60, a little melanoidin, chinook for bittering and amarillo. delicious!

Brewed an American Brown today. My own recipe.

8.5 lbs. 2 row
.5 lb. victory
.5 lb. pale chocolate
.5 lb. crystal 15
.5 lb. crystal 120

1 oz. cascade at 60 min
.5 oz. cascade at 15 min

OG 1.051
35 IBUs

US-05 slurry from last brew

My first attempt with no sparge brewing. Hit 70% eff. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Haven't found a brown recipe I like yet, crossing my fingers :mug:.

Attempting a Kona Koko nut inspired Toasted Coconut Brown Ale. Boiling now. Still working on a good name.

Loco in da coco ale. I remember this old 78rpm record mom had. Loco moco in the coco...I'm crazy in the head,for you this girl sang...& they say our songs made no sense...:D

Had a long day. Brewed an all grain stout and hit 1.095 og, 90min mash, boiled sparge for an hour, added mash water and did a further 90mins and hit it with a load of chinook. Wanted 1.100+ but not quite there yet it would appear! Think I need a finer crush or double mash.

Anyway its had some s04 slurry from an arrogant bastard clone that I racked off to dry hop. Plenty of oxygen (will give it some more tomorrow am) and some nutrient... even though I found out you don't actually need yeast nutrient as the malt provides all it needs (apart from zinc sometimes as that often leaves with the trub).

Hitting it with some candi sugar in a couple of days. Maybe some more nutrient and dextrose. Want 12% if possible and near 1.020 fg.

This afternoon (Sunday) I'm doing a partial-mash India Black Ale. In 23 years, this is the hoppiest beer I've ever made. My software says to expect 83 IBU!!

In the process of brewing up an experimental batch of Red Fang Red Ale. Had a stuck sparge but got the pre-boil volume I needed. We'll see how this turns out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2nAzaPCUE8&feature=related]Red Fang - Sharks - YouTube[/ame]

Just mashed in! IPA with Nugget, Magnum, and Cascade hops. Odd combo but there was slim pickings at my LHBS and I wanted to experiment

My buddies and brewed up ten gallons of AHS Cream Ale. Modified the recipe a bit to account for my FIRST full boil. Woot! Also did my first yeast starters which caused the most vigorous fermentation I have seen even just after 3 or so hours. I had to put in my first blow of tubes as well to prevent my first fermenter explosion! It was a weekend of firsts as you can tell. I can't wait to start the next batch!

6 gallons of oatmeal stout based on Yooper's recipe. Modifications: I toasted the oats @ 300F for 30 minutes to try to bring out some nutty oat flavor and upped the Victory .25lbs for a bit more bready character.

Hoping to finally get around to brewing an amber lager on Thursday before the festivities.

Friday brew-day with friends: 1st 10-gal brew, doing Mojave Red from the recipe section but elevated to Imperial level. OG 1.084 & 85+ IBUS backed by a big malty caramel grain bill. I'm actually going to have to split the grain bill btwn my 10 & 5 gal MLTs in order to fit the grain and water together! Should be a blast w/ my brother in from out of town.

"All your home brew are belong to us!"

Brewed saturday- a stone IPA clone with WLP530- something in the vein of Cali-Belgique. Was the smoothest brew day ever- made a great starter, oxygenated better than I ever have before, boil went super easily, had my new sink fittings for the wort chiller, everything was a breeze. Used DME for the first time- I'll never go back to LME. Got a great cold break, and the beer had nearly overflowed my 1/2 gallon blowoff before I got back from dinner. Put the tube into a 1 gal growler for blowoff and it's been rocking ever since.

As usual, I used too much water, so my OG was fairly low (1.060 instead of 1.066) but it's going to be a fantastic beer nonetheless. Cannot wait to get it over into secondary for dry hopping so I can start the next batch, but it should be done pretty quickly.

Hoping to cram in my first AG BIAB this weekend, but no idea when I'm going to get around to it. Can't brew without SWMBO, and she's working weird hours this week- could be an extra-late brewday on saturday. Will be an all-cascade APA, adapted from Yooper's house pale.

Today is my Sunday so im got to brew. Had some left over northern brewer hops and made a SMaSH. Made what im calling SMaSHed blonde. Lol

That Cranberry Wheat sounds interesting...got a recipe you'll share?
Sure! I've actually made this with a couple of different recipes. I'll share them both. Basically, it's just a very simple wheat beer with a bunch of cranberries in the secondary.
1st recipe:

1 lbs Crystal Malt 20°L
1 lbs Belgian Cara-Pils
8 lbs Liquid wheat extract
1 oz. Cascade pellets (~5.5 %AA) 60 minutes
1 oz. Saaz pellets (~5.0%AA) 15 minutes
.5 oz. Saaz pellets (~5.0 %AA) 1 minute
~4.5 - 5 lbs fresh cranberries
Neutral yeast. I usually use Safale.
Steep grains as normal. Boil and pitch yeast as normal.
Once primary fermentation is done, heat cranberries in a sauce pan just enough so you can crush them a bit. I just use a potato masher. (may need to do a couple of batches) Add the cranberries to a fermentation bucket. (I tried it in a carboy one time. I'll never do that again. Cranberries are way to hard to get in and out.)
Rack the beer on top of the cranberries and let it sit for two weeks.
Rack the beer into a tertiary (sp?) and let sit for another week.
Bottle/keg as normal.

The other recipe I've used is even more simple.
1 lb white wheat malt. (steeped)
7 lbs wheat LME
.5 oz. Spalt (4.75) 60 minutes
.5 oz. Perle (8.25) 30 minutes
Neutral yeast.
Same process as above. Primary > Secondary with cranberries > Tertiary > bottle/keg.

Back