Samuel Adams IPL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillybilly

Reaction score
HOLY CRAP IS IT GOOOOOOD!!! I love it why didn't someone think of this before and IPL. I am going to have to brew something like this in the future. It has a wonderful hop aroma great hop flavor with just a touch of sweetness and grapefruit flavor will be buying this in the future until I can make something like it. Hilly

+1 on this!! My only problem is I can only get 3 at a time in the seasonal variety 12 pak

I was thinking of trying it myself. I thought to maybe try using some of the WL029 German ale/kolsh yeast I washed with an IPA recipe & see how that goes. Gotta wait for the dry hop on my Maori IPA & brew the 2 Berlin Wheat beers before I can get to another excperiment though...

jjadamsfb said:
I just had Hoponius Union from Jack's Abbey. Same idea. Ridiculously good!

Kind of annoys me that Jack's Abby comes out with their IPL, then Sam, 30 miles away, a year later, creates their own IPL and the bottle brags about them being innovators. Ehhh, really? You didn't hear about Hoponius Union, now the 9th biggest craft seller in MA, 30 miles away?

libeerty said:
Kind of annoys me that Jack's Abby comes out with their IPL, then Sam, 30 miles away, a year later, creates their own IPL and the bottle brags about them being innovators. Ehhh, really? You didn't hear about Hoponius Union, now the 9th biggest craft seller in MA, 30 miles away?

Ya I had jacks Abby about 8 months before Sam came out with theirs. I live in wester mass and they have it on tap here very good not sure how it compares to SAMs haven't tried them back to back. I think all jacks Abby beer is lager I like their rye ipl

First off...sams IPL is quite tasty. But like many have said, I was really annoyed that Sams would try to do it when JA is making the best of it right down the road. Either way, Sams is good, Jack's is lights out...way better!

While it is a bit annoying that here in MA Sam is jumping in on a style that Jack's Abby kicked off, it also means a broadening of the style and educating more people to the style. They'll try Sam's version and then when they run across Jack's Abby, they'll give a try and realize the total awesomeness of Hopponius Union.

Just had ABCS jacks Abby double ipl love it lets see Sam try and rip this one off

Well I'm glad for the Sam Adams version since jacks abbey isn't distributed anywhere near here, and it gave me the chance to try the style.

Wow wow the land of the Yankees I hope that's a northern thing because this is the land of the Red Sox !!!!!

Back