Labels and Coolers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renevdb

Reaction score
Usually I take some bottles to the beach in a cooler and gluesticks and milk will not hold the labels long. What is a good alternative that will hold the labels for a few hours but can be removed with a night of oxyclean.

This has been discussed hundreds of times. I suggest doing a search to research what you find to be the best method. Either way, you'll have to find a way to waterproof your labels otherwise they'll just bleed.

i imagine you could just print you labels on a laser printer to avoid bleeding, but not sure about how to keep them on. Shrink Wrap maybe? seems easy enough if you can find some

This has been discussed hundreds of times. I suggest doing a search to research what you find to be the best method. Either way, you'll have to find a way to waterproof your labels otherwise they'll just bleed.

If you do different searches all you find is label removal and glue types. But none say waterproof. That's why I opened this thread.

I don't believe anyone sells waterproof labels. I use labels from onlinelabels.com. They sell removable labels that have a fairly strong glue on them. If you remove them while the bottles are dry, they come right off. If you soak them and try to take them off wet, good luck. As for waterproofing, I think maybe spraying a thin layer of polyurythane (sp?) on them might do the trick.

Back