Seattle Beer week is coming up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gplutt

Reaction score
and I noticed this while I was at the Elysian yesterday:

8 styles -16 Breweries all in Firkins: 3PM Capitol Hill.
Pale Ale - Walking Man Knuckle Dragger Pale vs Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
IPA - Big Time Scarlet Fire vs Firestone Walker Union Jack Pale
Imperial IPA - Boundary Bay Imperial IPA vs Pizza Port Carlsbad Poor Man’s IPA
ESB - Elysian The Wise ESB vs Marin Brewing ESB
Porter - Snoqualmie Steam train Porter vs Russian River Porter
Stout - Pike XXXStout vs Stone Russian Imperial Oak-aged Stout
Scotch Ale - Silver City Fat Woody Oak-aged Scotch Ale vs Bear Republic Heritage Scotch Ale
Specialty - Ram N-Gate Challenger Pale vs 21st Amendment Black IPA

Washington VS California!!

Then I read all the other events going on and I wish I had the vacation time to take the whole week off :(

That would be nice to attend! I vote for Washington but I think it would be a better fight if they could include Oregon/Washington vs Cali, then there would be no contest but that is my unbiased opinion :)

I don't know, there are some pretty good California brewers in that lineup. Not saying that I'm not rooting for the home-team! Yeah if they added Oregon in that it would be no contest. But adding any two W. Coast states up against the other is a losing battle for the third.

I don't know, there are some pretty good California brewers in that lineup. Not saying that I'm not rooting for the home-team! Yeah if they added Oregon in that it would be no contest. But adding any two W. Coast states up against the other is a losing battle for the third.

Well I just meant that California is still bigger than Washington and Oregon combined and to be fair they should combine Washington and Oregon. On the other hand OR/WA might have more craft brewers per capita than California does.

Back