Anyone from the chattanooga tn area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodfatherX

Reaction score
My dads side of the family has been talking about doing a family reunion. They are set on having it in chattanooga tn, because half the family is in Atlanta/ Florida and the other part is here in memphis. So chattanooga is kinda half way. Anyone know of any good parks in the area to have it at? They either want to rent one big cabin to have a place to meet at, or rent a pavilion for 2 days. We are hopefully going to take a pretrip there to scout some places in a week or so..........so any head ups on places would help.

I grew up in Chattanooga but haven't lived there in about 7 years. Coolidge park used to be a really nice park but I have heard its gone slightly downhill in the past few years so I can't promise its still in its prime.

If you were wanting to rent a cabin I grew up next to Cloudland Canyon State Park, which is where we always had our family reunions when I was a child. Its fairly close to Ruby Falls and Rock City which are some of the more popular tourist destinations of Lookout Mtn. But, Cloudland Canyon is about 30 minutes from Chattanooga which might pose a problem if you guys wanted to go to a restaurant or somewhere decent for dinner.

I would look into those at least to see if they would suit your needs. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head I'll let you know if I do.

That reminds me of a story of my friend Roy. Roy was entertaining a friend in his living room. They were talking about all sorts of things. Roy mentioned he had a very good cat, but this cat had been acting strange lately. He was biting and chewing all of Roy's shoes.

He had just gone out and bought some new ones to replace the shoes the cat had destroyed. This morning Roy found that the cat got to his brand new shoes. Just then, the cat walked through the living room. His friend interrupted, saying, "Pardon me Roy, is that the cat who chewed your new shoes?"

Back