Just tapped one of those mini kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulive

Reaction score
Its the Grolsch variety with the vent thing on top. Does anyone know how long it will last me? Considering its pale lager, I don't think it will last more than 2-3 days. I was just wondering with regards to the carbonation. Is it like a growler where you need to finish it in 1-2 days?

it will last one drinking session. In fact you will run out of beer. Oh carbonation, Mine lasted about 4 days actually, I was very supprised.

Arneba28 said:
it will last one drinking session. In fact you will run out of beer. Oh carbonation, Mine lasted about 4 days actually, I was very supprised.

I hear ya, especially considering I'm not used to the drinkability of fizzy yellow beer. Its much easier to quaff than the stuff I'm used to. I have to say though, its better than Heineken and I mean non-skunked Heineken. Four days is more than enough time...

a friend of mine had a one of those mini kegs of Spatan. On the second day there was a pretty substancial drop in carbonation.

My experience with the 5L mini's of Kulmbacher Pils are that 2 days (in the fridge) is the perfect amount. Drink 1/2 the first day, 1/2 the 2nd day, and then display the keg proudly on your mantle. I noticed almost NO carbonation loss on this particular brand.

I had one of the newfangled Heinie draftkegs last summer, and was less impressed.... Something about their "tap" apparatus I think causes an air leak. Day 1 was WAY too foamy, all day long, Day 2 was flat and unappealing.

Soulive said:
I just pulled a sample of day 2 and its still fine...:p
You got lucky. :D

I know they can last a few days "sometimes", but looking at it realistically, you can only expect it to stay fresh the day it's tapped.

I've had some last 3 days, but if I told you 3 days and it was flat in the morning wouldn't you be disappointed in my reply???:D

I used to have over 20 of them...they are slowly disappearing...

I don't tap them unless I KNOW they will be drained within the hour...I know, they only hold 10 1/2 liter glasses of brew...or is that just an hour in my drinking world??? :rockin:

Latest posts

Back