New puppy.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vbwolpert

Reaction score
So I just got a new puppy. Looking for beer related names. I'm leaning towards barley.

image-2457672153.jpg

My male golden is named Otter. Tough to have a beer related name and it sound good. Barley is about as good as it gets.

Porter. It's an actual persons name (though uncommon). And when your non-beer friends inquire about the name, tell them you named him after Cole Porter.

Good looking dog! I'm about to start a 24 hour puppy-sit for a 7 month old Irish setter/golden retriever. She's a horse now, but she was the size of your little buddy just a few short months ago.

Anyway, you need a name that can be shouted along with "Get your @ss back here, you moron!" when he/she does the naughty things puppies do, but also a name that can fit into the scratching of the ears and saying "OOoooh, who's the handsomest wittle puppykins in the whole wide world?" because even if we're big tough guys, you know we do that.

Vorlauf is kinda cool. Lets you work German into your commands. "Nein! Nein! Vorlauf! Comin sie hier, scheissekopf!!!"

Amarillo, Perle, Saaz, Soriachi all could work too. Cheers!

I say go with Barley, it's a good, solid dog name. You could also go with Fuggles or maybe Kent, as in East Kent Goldings. I like Porter & Lager too...
Out of all of them though, I think Barley works the best.
Regards, GF.

Cute dog. Just can't let the wife see the picture, or I'll have another puppy in my house. She can't stand to see a puppy without wishing she had another one.

Barley gets my vote as well. Good solid name.

Spending time with a puppy makes me think of this old line from Bill Cosby:

It was because of my father that from the ages of seven to fifteen, I thought that my name was Jesus Christ and my brother, Russell, thought that his name was Dammit. "Dammit, will you stop all that noise?" And, "Jesus Christ, sit down!" One day, I'm out playing in the rain, and my father yelled, "Dammit will you get back in here!" I said, "Dad, I'm Jesus Christ!"

But seriously, she is a sweetheart and I can't get enough of her.

I'm growing a puppy my self. It cost a lot more that I thought it would. I know it's hard sometimes but as they get older it gets easier. Take lots of photos, with a good camera. How about the name "Hops"

I saw the pic and thought Fuggle would be a good one. I think barley is over used.

Named my dog Barley and it fits as a dog name. That or porter.

gratus fermentatio said:
Sounds more like an action than a name. Not unlike "Narfle the Garthok!"
Or maybe "I'd like to fuggle her puggle." I know that's not how you intended it, but it just sounds kinda dirty to me. :D
Regards, GF.

Oh Coneheads.

Maris and Plato are both good ones!

Tapper?
Suds?

You could call him Keystone..... It has the same flavor as that wet spot he will be leaving on your kitchen floor (lol)!!!!

Back