best beer you have ever tasted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rochefort 10 at In De Wildeman in Amsterdam. Ambiance and state of mind always come into play.

This is something that seems to change whenever I go on travel (and buy great beers). This time, surprisingly, it was in Hawai'i (a terrible place for great beer). My top three were:

3. Liquid Breadfruit (Maui / Dogfish collaboration)
2. Maracaibo Especial (Jolly Pumpkin)
1. 3 Fonteinen Oud Geuze

If I'd stuck to ABC stores, Duvel would head the list.

Yuengling Lager for me. But probably just because we don't really get it here in Michigan, and when I went to Pennsylvania a while back I made a point to have it...it was quite fantastic, and very satisfying. I'm sure if it were widely available here my pick might be different...but it's not. I still giggle like a school girl when I find out I get to go to a state that carries it.

Yup! Im in MI too Joey, my wife had a friend coming back from PA ladt week and brought us a case, it was like Christmas! Lol

Rochefort 10 Trappist Ale, Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier, Unibroue - Don de Dieu and Unibroue - La Fin Du Monde........so far.....hehe!

Best beer I've EVER had?

That's hard, but the first thing I think of is Brewtopia's "Grapes of Wrath". I don't even like sours, but that beer was the most amazing beer I've ever had.

That was back when he was a homebrewer, but I'm sure he hasn't forgotten that beer and I'd love to have it again!

http://nakedcitybrewing.com/flash/#home

Deschutes Red Chair in the spring/summer. Sierra Nevada Celebration in the fall/winter.

The first bottle of the first batch I brewed. At least the proudest beer.

Also, since I decided to quit smoking a week ago (or at least try), the post-coitus beer has become quite tasty.

But I guess the best in terms of quality and preference: Leinenkugel's Fireside Nut Brown

I spent a week with my teetotaling in-laws in a cabin in Michigan in late fall. The best beer I have ever tasted was something I imbibed at Bells on the way back home.

My first Chimay from the keg. Didn't know something like that even existed. I figured it cost me like a buck-and-a-half a slug and damned if it wasn't worth every penny.

I'm still sayin' the first time I tasted Kate the Great at the Portsmouth Brewery...that....was....AMAZING! That's the reason I started cloning it later on.

It's tough, I'd go with a beer called Larry Hop or Hoppin Larry from Arbor Brewing Co. in Ann Arbor that I had a few years ago, or a Kentucky Breakfast Stout at summer beer fest. On another note, the worst beer I've ever had was a bottle of Heineken in the dorms at U of M after eating a slice of pizza with the worst cotton mouth ever. It was all there was to drink in the room. It was gross.

While I was on a Sam Adam's brewery tour in Boston about 5 years ago, we got a bonus pitcher of beer. It was the last of their Chocolate Bock that they'd had on tap for the season... it was April. Fan-&*^%$#@-tastic. It was the early days of my being able to appreciate good beer. A revelation, I tell you.

Probably between Funkwerks Chardonnay barrel aged blonde and 2008 Dogfish head WWS.

I can't say best, but certainly most memorable: first decent beer after Naddy/Keystone college days, i.e. the first time I enjoyed a beer, was Yeungling lager while camping. First "craft" beer was Magic Hat No 9, and the first time I realized just how great beer can be was Chimay Grand Reserve. Those are my "best" beers, at least relative to their importance in my beer-life. :mug:

Back