Considering a homebrew club..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riored4v

Reaction score
Wanting to try and get out and meet some new people in the community but also want to gain some additional knowledge so I figured it might be time to check out some homebrew clubs. Are there any out there in the Aurora area?

Check in withthe brewhut, they have postings and info about the local brew clubs there. They also have meetups where you bring 2-4 beers and share them with other Homebrewers get feedback and stuff like that. The last one they had was last Thurs. I was planning on going but other things came up in the family life.

Somehow I keep missing the gatherings at brew hut, and i always keep meaning to do them. Kinda wished they were more often.

I'll have to check their board next time I'm in there.

Next homebrew night at the brew hut is Sept 19th. They only do it every couple months, late in the month, on thursdays. I, too, would like to meet up with other homebrewers, maybe something more informal. I only started in June.
--Jeb

Somehow I keep missing the gatherings at brew hut, and i always keep meaning to do them. Kinda wished they were more often.

I'll have to check their board next time I'm in there.

It's easier if you signup for their mailing list. They don't send a lot of crap like other places do and you'll also get updated on the events.

Next homebrew night at the brew hut is Sept 19th. They only do it every couple months, late in the month, on thursdays. I, too, would like to meet up with other homebrewers, maybe something more informal. I only started in June.
--Jeb

This is how I feel. Probably for different reasons then you. I have been brewing for a year now but I have been a bit too self-concious to actually go to a brew club.

I'll have to put Sept. 19th on the calendar, although I think that's when my backpacking trip is scheduled.

Hernando said:
This is how I feel. Probably for different reasons then you. I have been brewing for a year now but I have been a bit too self-concious to actually go to a brew club.

Haha, not even sure my own reasons. I have been brewing for about 2 months. Kit, to extract, to partial/steep, now all grain. But I do not have the time, energy, interest, nor funds to start messing with water chemistry.

All my friends are either BMC drinkers or don't drink beer at all, so cannot really trust their opinions on my beer.

But I do not have the time, energy, nor funds...

This is why I don't want to commit to a club yet :)

I have a hard time trusting friends or families' opinion as I always feel they are just being "nice'. I do think my beer (well most of it) is drinkable and pretty damn good but I am always my worst critic. Also with being new, I don't think I have the experience to know when off flavors are present in beers, maybe I would if I tasted them???

Well if any of you want to get together, informally sometime, I am sure we can work out something. I only have a Pale Ale that I am really not sure about but will be happy to share it and would love feedback. My dubbel won't be ready till around Christmas. And I need to get something else going but not sure what yet.

:off: On the Christmas note, we are doing the 12 beers of Christmas but locally, if you have any interest let me know. There are only 4 of us so currently the four beers of Christmas but we would love to get a few more peeps involved.

:off: On the Christmas note, we are doing the 12 beers of Christmas but locally, if you have any interest let me know. There are only 4 of us so currently the four beers of Christmas but we would love to get a few more peeps involved.

I don't mean to horn in, but I wouldn't mind getting in on some of this action if we could avoid the postage. Just swap locally? And if only five or six do it you could up it to a six pack each. Just thinking.

chessking said:
I don't mean to horn in, but I wouldn't mind getting in on some of this action if we could avoid the postage. Just swap locally? And if only five or six do it you could up it to a six pack each. Just thinking.

That sounds completely do-able. It is really Hernando's call.

This is exactly what and why we are doing this locally. Nobody want to drop $100+ in shipping. Currently there are 4 of us and my batch is already fermenting. I can PM you later with the remaining beers for you to choose from.

Glad you horned in! Just FYI (beware!) most of us are in our early stages of our brewing hobby.

I am definitely down for a local 12 beers of Christmas. Does anyone have an idea about what they would like to brew? Some of them should be in a carboy soon.

I live in Golden and have also had some trouble getting into a club. Most of the clubs that meet nearby or fit my schedule seem to have stopped updating their pages. The bigger clubs like Foam on the Range don't fit into my schedule or require a bit more of a driving commitment than I would like.

Anybody interested in meeting someplace in Denver? There are plenty of breweries that would accommodate a small club, I'm sure.

I am definitely down for a local 12 beers of Christmas. Does anyone have an idea about what they would like to brew? Some of them should be in a carboy soon.

I live in Golden and have also had some trouble getting into a club. Most of the clubs that meet nearby or fit my schedule seem to have stopped updating their pages. The bigger clubs like Foam on the Range don't fit into my schedule or require a bit more of a driving commitment than I would like.

Anybody interested in meeting someplace in Denver? There are plenty of breweries that would accommodate a small club, I'm sure.

Hey Sinkman it would be great to have you along. The majority that are in so far just started brewing this year so they are up for a challenge and enjoying it. I will post a new thread ( https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f227/local-12-beers-christmas-346641/ )for this as I unintentionally jacked this thread so my apologies OP, Riored4v. With a list of what's taken and available. I think the majority of us live close or near Aurora but I am sure we can find a common meeting place.

Thanks. Un-derailed. Still throwing that out there, though. I know Great Divide does a monthly meeting with a brewer where they bring out a few experiments and encourage discussion. Usually degrades into a bunch of people talking, but if you work at it, it can be a great experience. That could be a good place to start, club-wise.

Thanks. Un-derailed. Still throwing that out there, though. I know Great Divide does a monthly meeting with a brewer where they bring out a few experiments and encourage discussion. Usually degrades into a bunch of people talking, but if you work at it, it can be a great experience. That could be a good place to start, club-wise.

That actually sounds like a pretty cool and like a fun thing to do.

Hi.
Not ignoring. Just considering what style to do. The weather is not agreeing with the beer I want to make. Too hot! But sounds cool!

Might be in for this as well. I've been brewing for a little over 5 years now, but i'm certainly trying to keep growing and expanding.

It would be great to have you along. Just check the thread if you are interested and let me know which one you would like to try.

I have a bunch of inventory, if anyone wants to trade. I am in southeast Aurora.

Rye Stout
Dry stout (more like guiness)
Caramel IPA with all home grown hops (Centennial and Cascade)
last year's Quadrupel Belgian
Apricot Ale from Williams
misc IPAs from last year

I have a bunch of inventory, if anyone wants to trade. I am in southeast Aurora.

Rye Stout
Dry stout (more like guiness)
Caramel IPA with all home grown hops (Centennial and Cascade)
last year's Quadrupel Belgian
Apricot Ale from Williams
misc IPAs from last year

I would be interested. My stout isn't quite ready maybe in a week or two. And I have an IPA that is ready. I am getting ready to go on a backpacking trip and I will get in touch with you once I return.I don't have a huge pipeline as of yet but I am working on it.

Wanting to try and get out and meet some new people in the community but also want to gain some additional knowledge so I figured it might be time to check out some homebrew clubs. Are there any out there in the Aurora area?

If your still interested, I'm planning to go to the home brewers nite at the Brew Hut in Aurora. Thursday 20 Sept from 6pm to 9pm. Bring some of your beers and taste some of mine. Ive never been, but the guys tell me its a great time to talk brewing, and share each others product. Even if you don't have any ready, come anyway. Its a chance to meet and talk to people who think beer. I will be the guy with the stupid look on my face wearing a Pink Floyd t-shirt.

Edit: This is not exactly a club, just a get together W/ no pressure.

I was planning to be there. I will be wearing a smiley face tie dye and an Indiana U hat. What beers should I bring?

I too will be there. Sorry I don't have a wardrobe picked out ( but will probably be wearing some type of Cubs shirt or hat), but I will answer to the name Jeb. I will be bringing a brown ale that I liked when it was younger, but is now a bit bitter and dry. Not astringent, I think, just off on the recipe. Might also bring my October beer(not a true marzen). Pale won't be ready yet, just bottled an hour ago, but I look forward to trying other locals. I just started in June, so still working out some kinks! So be kind! It'll be my first "public" showing.

I am not feeling great today, so I am not going to stay very long. I will have some brews to trade, though.

I stayed longer as I having some excellent samples. If anyone wants a centennial hops clipping, I am near Dry Dock. Thx to Chessking for bringing some tasty trades.

Ah man I just got back in to town and am bummed I missed this. Maybe next time.

Didnt follow up on this thread, but I ended up going to homebrewers night yesterday. Was a good time for sure.

Cool, I'll try and make that one. Is there usually a big turnout for this and how many bottles do you guys normally take?

I took a few bottles. There are plenty of folks in attendence, but the general rule is a small taste. If you want to trade, let me know and I will bring some for trade, too.

There were some defintely tasty beers out there! Nice to put some faces with the names as well.

Just a reminder for anyone interested. The Brew Hut Home Brewers night is Thursday 16 May from 6pm to 9pm. Bring some if you have some, or just come by for the tasting. Its a good time and great conversation between fellow brewers.

Back