Hey Jeep Owners!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klainmeister

Reaction score
I'm part of the club now!!!

My nextdoor neighbor had a 1990 Jeep Cherokee 4DR 4x4 that wasn't holding a charge, somewhat beatup and had the stereo stolen. He said if i fixed it i could have it. I replaced the battery terminals, and wha-bam, fixed! So now i have a 4.0L jeep! Whoop! Great tires, new water pump and timing belt. Thing runs great, just needs a little cleaning up and has some dings. Oh well, they're built to beat up right?

My BMW head went nuts on me yesterday and i got the car today, talk about good timing.

Just thought i'd share my excitement. Anyone know where i can find a stereo wiring diagram so i can install a new one?

Had to sell my '92 wrangler after the baby was born. Boy I missed that while on vacation in the Outer Banks, we resorted to renting a Jeep to visit the 4x4 area up to the border with Virginia.

I can get some pics once i clean it. It's white, but right now it's a multitude of green mosses and dirt. :cross:

Klainmeister said:
I can get some pics once i clean it. It's white, but right now it's a multitude of green mosses and dirt. :cross:

Well, hopefully it will exist soon. Best of luck finding a Jeep to prove you really have one... especially now that you've described the color and everything! Ha!!!

Klainmeister said:
.... jerk

I'm just having fun in a drunken state (such as Florida). I'm just trying to goad you into getting some pics. I really do look forward to seeing it. Ugly or not :mug:

For what it's worth, my SWMBO's brother has a 97 Wrangler and has just started talking about maybe getting rid of it a few years down the line. It's got a bit of rust here and there and needs some TLC and yeah... I'm seriously tempted to encourage him to speed up that process... Looks like a fun little truck. And definitely not something that should be pampered and waxed.

I loved that commercial where they threw buckets of mud on the shiny new cars to get a feel for what they look like.

Congrats. I'm driving a 99 Wrangler. As a Jeep owner I think far too few of them ever get off road. I mean more than the local mud hole. I'm amazed everytime I take mine 4-wheeling at what it can do and where it can take me. If there's one thing I'd suggest to a new Jeep owner, get it off road at least once for a good trail ride. I've had a blast with mine and hope you enjoy yours equally.

Back