Starting my keezer!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1620HBC

Reaction score
Hi guys need help.... finally got my chest freezer and starting to get everything together. I'm not very handy so I need the easiest way to get this thing pouring !
What is the easiest temp controller?

Is that the type of controller than I plu my freezer into and then plug into the wall? Also how much $ and where can I buy them?

I've got both a Ranco ETC-111000 and a Johnson A419, either are just fine. You can buy them wired or unwired, and buying them wired will cost more. If you can do basic wiring, it's easy.

Is that the type of controller than I plu my freezer into and then plug into the wall? Also how much $ and where can I buy them?

Yeah that's the Johnston one. I think I paid 50-60 buck at my LHBS. Works fine in mine.

johnson digital A419...you can buy them on ebay for a little cheaper55-65 bucks, but with shipping, it comes close to value for a new one at midwest supplies. Without a warranty, I'd rather spend the extra few bucks for a new one, with warranty from midwest. i plan on keeping it for years...

Back