Motorcycle Fanatics, show your ride(s)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flyingscooter.jpg

Quite a few shiny, nice looking rides on here. Let me add my not so shiny anymore bikes to the list. Picked them up this last week for a steal. two classics, waiting for a little TLC. Both run, and both are in good clean shape.

my new baby: 1980 Honda CB900C (10 Speed)

CB900C.JPG

And her big sister: 1979 Kawasaki KZ1000

KZ1000ST.JPG

All told, I paid less than 1500 for these bikes... can't wait to get em in for a tune up and see some time on the road in nice weather.

Im back into the game after a 12 year lay off! This is a new 06 Honda 919, I love it. Can't understand why streetfighter's lost their appeal? Your not hunched over on a sportbike, and you don't feel like an old fart on a cruiser. Found it sitting all alone in a Honda dealer, picked it up for $6000, I stole it.

DSCN1532.jpg

MikeFlynn74 said:
wildwest- I love my SV.

Actually, that's the other bike I was looking at, a new 05 SV 1000, nice looking bike, but I went with the Honda it had a less aggressive stance. SWMBO doesn't like to be leaning to far forward when riding.

wildwest450 said:
Im back into the game after a 12 year lay off! This is a new 06 Honda 919, I love it. Can't understand why streetfighter's lost their appeal? Your not hunched over on a sportbike, and you don't feel like an old fart on a cruiser. Found it sitting all alone in a Honda dealer, picked it up for $6000, I stole it.

Nice taste in Motorcycles, I wish mine was an '06 -no adjustable suspension for me. :(

JohnA111 said:
Nice taste in Motorcycles, I wish mine was an '06 -no adjustable suspension for me. :(

Do you have any after market accessories for your bike? I was thinking of getting a set of slip on pipes, I ride with a couple of harley's, and am tired of not being able to hear my own engine.

No, but I have disabled the air box flapper and bafflectomized my cans with a whole saw - and it sounds fantastic (and its about $1000 cheaper.) I'll pm you some good links when I get home as they are on my home pc. I have had it highly recommended to get a PCIII as this bike runs disgustingly rich right from the factory. When I get $300 handy I may buy one.

I've had two bikes. First was a '93 Fat Boy. I had it for two years before deciding to sell it. I don't miss it much.

The second was a '94 Ducati Elefant. It was a 900cc Dual Sport that was manufactured by Cagiva which owned Ducati for a time in the late 80's to mid 90's. It was sold as a Cagiva overseas but imported and sold as a Ducati here in the states for two years. They only imported about 100 each year. It was a fantastic bike and I had some great adventures on it. I had it for about 10 years before selling it last spring. Married with two kids and no time to ride. Plus the lack of riding meant lots of maintenance and a difficult time finding parts. Ducati doesn't want to support it and Cagiva is a thing of the past. Anyway, here is a pic I took just before I sold it.

DSCF0129.JPG

If I had space in the garage and found another one, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I regret selling it and miss it.

Representin' the SV 650 crowd! This isn't my bike, but almost. Mine is a 2001, mostly stock, but I don't have all of the stock lights on the back. I forget what they call it, but it is a little cleaner. Fun first bike!

sv650.jpg

jdoiv said:
The second was a '94 Ducati Elefant. It was a 900cc Dual Sport that was manufactured by Cagiva which owned Ducati for a time in the late 80's to mid 90's. It was sold as a Cagiva overseas but imported and sold as a Ducati here in the states for two years. They only imported about 100 each year. It was a fantastic bike and I had some great adventures on it. I had it for about 10 years before selling it last spring. Married with two kids and no time to ride. Plus the lack of riding meant lots of maintenance and a difficult time finding parts. Ducati doesn't want to support it and Cagiva is a thing of the past. Anyway, here is a pic I took just before I sold it.

DSCF0129.JPG

If I had space in the garage and found another one, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I regret selling it and miss it.

That looks very reminiscent of a Honda Africa Twin, sold around the same vintage and in similar low (North American) production numbers. I've only seen one of the Hondas and, well, none of the 200 Dukes like yours.

How did I not see this thread earlier?!?

Here's my starter/learner bike (and me looking goofy) that I bought for both my wife (gf at the time) and me to learn on; 2001 Buell Blast. It was a great starter bike...
September035.jpg

Then, I bought my 2005 Ducati 800SS. Here's the two of us on the track at Pacific Raceways.
84950335-O.jpg

At the same time that I bought the SS, SWMBO bought a 2005 Monster 620. Here's they are on the track at Pacific Raceways.
84437109-O.jpg

To be continued in the next post...

She's since decided that she needs a scooter to commute on (in addition to her Monster). It's a Buddy 125cc.
IMG_7590.jpg

Back in September, I couldn't resist, and traded my 800SS in for a 2007 Monster S4R... I love this bike....
IMG_7588.jpg

So that's our bike story so far :)

CyclingCraig said:
Ride with both NESBA and TeamProMotion

You?

I've most just run with Sportbike Track Time so far, but I want to try a NESBA day. Some of the STT days get a little red flag heavy. My buddies just did a weekend at Barber with STT, and apparently Saturday had 19 separate red flags. Yeesh.

Oh, and I ran a day with some other group at Firebird raceway in Phoenix.

JohnA111 said:
Nice rides. Loud clutches save lives!

e lo said:
Oooo.... pretty...

That's awesome that your wife does track days with you! I love fast women (at the track!)

Thanks guys! As I said... I pretty much love my S4R. I'm hoping to get it to the track this spring/summer, once the rain starts going away up here in Seattle. It's good to see several track pics in this thread, and some pretty cool bikes on here too!

19 red flags?!? WOW. I've been at a NESBA day in the Intermediate group that had one session during the day that DID NOT end with a red flag, and several other sessions that had a couple, but 19 is a lot!

IMG_7588.jpg

[/QUOTE]

As a speed triple owner... I approve :rockin:

Father in law has a duc 900 SS, its nice, but 80 HP just seems so. slow :)

I'd like to take a Speed Triple for a ride... They seem pretty cool. I'd really like a 675 for a track bike!!

Right on, nice to see another Ducati up in here!

Just finally got a new decal on mine. I'd been waiting to do this before I posted in this thread.
03-29-08_1706.jpg

ma2brew said:
Right on, nice to see another Ducati up in here!

Just finally got a new decal on mine. I'd been waiting to do this before I posted in this thread.

Nice!! Like the brewery name too! :mug:

Crummy cellphone pic, but here's my DR650 out in a field somewhere north of Dallas:

Picture378_21Oct06.jpg

$5k out the door, cheap to insure, 52MPG. Never met a dirt road it didn't like. DualSport + GPS = get adventurous, get lost, then get back home. Also, a Swiss Army Commuting tool. Tall enough that I can see over most trucks and SUVs. Stand on the pegs and see wayyyyy up there....

Stock except for a giant eBay rack, handlebar risers, gps mount.

I certainly don't have the ride that some members here do and I'm pretty new to the scene. But I bought this last year. My first cycle. I'm not nearly as obsessive about customizing things on this as I am with brewing gear, but I have added some chrome and grips to the bars. This picture was the day I bought it, so none of my upgrades are on yet. I'm looking to add a light bar and some better mirrors this year. Safety stuff...

010.JPG

Her's my old 1992. Still way fast for me but will probably upgrade in a few years. This one has 30k miles on it right now. Will probably do 6-10k this year.

BikeSmall005.jpg

Well it was a beautiful day here is Wisconsin....64° today, the warmest day since October 30th!!! It has been a loooooong cold winter...:mad:

We got a nice rain the other day which cleaned the salt off the roads so today we got our first real ride of the year in, a decent 140 mile cruise and I got my first sun burnt face of the year...:rockin:

Oh and my wife gets her bike in 2 weeks.....:ban:

Anyone ever change out their turn signals and taillights for led lights? I bought some mirrors that had led lights built in, to use as turn signals, but they blink super fast, to fast in my opinion. I was told you could buy a resistor and wire it in to slow them down, has anyone ever done this??

Latest posts

Back