**That moment someone asks about your HB excited about starting**

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmmmbeer

Reaction score
Anyone else get just as excited about someone asking about your HB as the first day of your favorite sport "kick-off"" day? It smile and get excited like I just found a nice crisp $100 bill in the parking lot with no one around! I get to talking and explaining and wanting to help like a beautiful blonde asking if I could show her the "way"! Brewing is awesome!!!:mug:

Was excited . . . 'til those ****ing ****sucking ****ly ****ing mother ****ing in a **** with a *** refs screwed it up

I think the censorship makes that post hilarious lol. Brewing is like a religion ,(I believe that's being talked about in another thread right now) we're always trying to convert new followers. It's part of the passion.

I never thought about it that way, it is like a religion! I think I'll start going door to door this saturday!!! LOL

I think the censorship makes that post hilarious lol. Brewing is like a religion ,(I believe that's being talked about in another thread right now) we're always trying to convert new followers. It's part of the passion.

Right which is why I try to keep the proselytizing to those who are willing to listen. Nothing worse than giving a 10 minute spiel to a person who has absolutely no interest in learning the difference between ale and lager yeast or the subtleties separating a porter and a stout.

Was excited . . . 'til those ****ing ****sucking ****ly ****ing mother ****ing in a **** with a *** refs screwed it up

Ha, those knowledgeable, fair refs know exactly what they are doing.
Paybacks for when they f***** us out of a superbowl. :D

I talk brew all the time with co-workers, associates, etc. Every once in awhile you find a fellow brewer, and then it's on. That happened twice this week.

I invite friends over to join in on brew days every now and then. It's nice to have an extra set of hands during clean up, and I like to imagine it helps them appreciate the homebrew that I do share with them. I try not to talk anyone's ear off about the ins and outs of brewing though. Unless they want to hear them though.

Was just thinkin about this when I stumbled across this one.

Happened tonight as I dry hopped a batch and my wife made the question of asking what "the floaty thingy" was measuring. =D

10 minutes later, I had to stop talking because she looked like she was falling asleep on me.

That's why I always give a short,accurate answer to brewing questions. That way,if they're interested,they'll ask more questions. I got that habit from working at Ford plants where it's noisy & fast moving. You pretty much had to keep it to the point.

Back