Fascinated.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnitzengiggle

Reaction score
I find brewing FASCINATING! Other than the obvious and attending the Siebel Institue, how would one get more invovled into "commercial" craft brewing?

Read books. Your local library can probably get almost every brewing book out there. Start reading and you will gain a lot of knowledge. Once you have the books, start using the ideas and practices in your brewing. Little by little you will absorb the information and each batch will be more scientifically sound than the last.

I find brewing FASCINATING! Other than the obvious and attending the Siebel Institue, how would one get more invovled into "commercial" craft brewing?

Get to know your local craft brewer. That's how I started out. Craft brewers, as a group, are very friendly and more than willing to talk brewing. Ask for a tour of their brewery. The more familiar you are with the brewing process, the more specific questions you'll be able to ask them such as sanitizing and aeration techniques, temperature control of the fermenters, carbonation, etc. If you're persistent, laid back, and not too pushy, you may even be able to work your way up to joining them for a brew session. If you DO happen to get to that point, emphasize the fact that you would like to actively participate, i.e. WORK during the brewing and not just simply observe.

I've been fortunate enough to have formed that type of relationship with my local brewery. It took a bit of time, but any good relationship does.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back