Having a tough time finding a mini fridge...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baker0408

Reaction score
I am getting ready to build my first two tap, mini fridge kegorator, but I can't seem to find a mini fridge that will work. I would really like to have the Sanyo 4912 (or 4910m), but would settle for anything that works. I am located in Southern New Hampshire and have been searching craigslist all over new england (esp. NH and Boston). Should I be looking somewhere else? None of the big appliance stores seem to have anything new that would work.

Thanks!

Do you have a Best Buy in your area? If you don't mind and have the extra cash you can buy new.

This is what I just got: Oster Fridge.

You have to move the Thermostate control, but it's not a big deal.

Search HBT for "Oster" and you will find the How to

I saw that one and really liked it, but it is out of my price range. :(

I also like the 4.4 Frigidaire at Lowes, but it doesn't look like a tower will work with it and that is important for me.

Does anyone still carry the Sanyo 4912 or 4910M?

I saw that one and really liked it, but it is out of my price range. :(

Does anyone still carry the Sanyo 4912 or 4910M?

What? :confused: The Oster linked above is the same price as the Sanyo before it was discontinued, no?

I'm going to pick up an Oster this weekend and do the conversion.

I got my 4912 at Best Buy, I'm pretty sure they still carry them.

If you search the threads here, it seems that Best Buy started discontinuing them in about May 08. It is entirely hit or miss whether your local store has one in stock.

I don't see the point in buying something like this new, buy used! Use craigslist.

That or buy a dented one on clearance at sears... they seem to beat the crap out of all their appliances.

I like the frigidaire but I want to have a two tap tower. From what I have read it seems impossible to install on that model.

I would love to find something on craigslist, but have found nothing but deadends.

I aquired my sons old college dorm mini-fridge. I had to move the freezer (attached to teh top) out of the way, move the thermostat out of the way, and add 2x4 to the front. then cut out the door innards and reattached the door to the 2x4. I t now holds 2 corny kegs and keeps them below 30 degrees if I want.

Look for the coils on teh back of the fridge, open the door and measure floor to ceiling 30". If it meets those two requirements, it'll work.

Where can I post pics? Much easier to see then type.

Back