AZ hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those that are not familiar with the AZ Monsson season, we got between 1 - 2 inches in an hour.

28ehymcb.jpg

A portion of US 60 was flooded out for about 2 hours.

PHP487B71BFE97FC.jpg

Please tell me I am really thick today, and this is a goof. If this is true, I really to have to mentally surrender to the fact that humanity is doomed.

Its been raining every day like that for at least 3 weeks now for us. Brewing in the rain is awesome

My favorite monsoon picture is the VW bus tucked into an I-beam, right next to the 12 foot mark on the underpass (Tucson). Mind you, they had to go around a barricade to get into the water and there was only 2-3 feet clearance between the water and the I-beam.

One of my BILs was in the Pima County Sheriffs' department & every year he would pull 4x4s out of washes, with or without bodies.

Ahh man i miss monsoon season. I lived in Glendale and Tempe for 2 years for school. I sure loved driving in the rain and flooded roads with my VW rabbit. :rockin:

How hot was it during the monsoon? When I left around this time 3 years ago it was 128* and 100 humidity. That was brutal i couldnt wait for the plane to take off.

Up here in Flag my Cascade are going great and the others are still growing. The cascade is already producing quarter size hop cones. Is anyone else in AZ getting cones yet?

Back